Easy 15-Minute Spaghetti
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
Fast, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and my family loves it.
That’s my idea of the perfect weeknight dinner.
This spaghetti checks off all those boxes and it’s comforting, hearty, and great for chilly winter nights.
It’s as easy as browning ground beef, adding your favorite pasta sauce, and tossing with spaghetti. But here’s where the time-saving ingredient comes into play.
I used Barilla® Half-Cut Spaghetti from their Pronto line. Pronto is an innovative pasta line that helps make mealtime more convenient because it’s ready in about 10 minutes with no waiting for the water to boil or draining required.
Simply place Pronto in the pan, cover with cold water, and cook over high heat until the water is absorbed.
I love that it cooks to al dente perfection and I don’t have to wait for water to boil or even bother draining it.
Little things add up to big time savings on busy nights when I’m trying to get dinner on the table quickly. Plus cleanup is fast and easy.
I garnished the spaghetti with fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. Because cheese, yes, obviously.
Easy 15-Minute Spaghetti
Fast, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and my family loves it is my idea of the perfect weeknight dinner. This spaghetti checks off all those boxes and it’s comforting, hearty, and great for chilly winter nights. It’s as easy as browning ground beef, adding your favorite pasta sauce, and tossing with spaghetti. Use your favorite sauce and I garnished the spaghetti with fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- one 12-ounce box Barilla® Pronto® Half-Cut Spaghetti
- pinch salt, optional to taste
- 1 pound ground beef or ground sirloin (I used and recommend 90% lean so you don’t have to drain it)
- one 24-ounce jar Barilla® Tomato and Basil Sauce or your favorite sauce
- finely chopped fresh basil for garnishing, optional
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing, optional
- To a large pan, add the pasta, cover with 3 cups cold water, optional salt to taste, and boil over high heat until water has absorbed, about 10 minutes, but watch your pasta and cook as needed until al dente. While pasta boils, brown the ground beef.
- To a large skillet, add the ground beef and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks to ensure even cooking.
- After beef has cooked through, add the pasta sauce, stir to combine, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- After pasta has cooked for about 10 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed, add the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine in the skillet or alternatively plate the pasta and add sauce to each individual plate as desired.
- Optionally garnish with basil and Parmesan to taste and serve immediately. Pasta and sauce are best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Chicken – A healthier twist on chicken parmesan because there’s no breaded chicken! Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with flavor! A guaranteed hit that’ll be in your regular dinner rotation!
Easy Chicken Manicotti – Pasta shells stuffed with chicken, coated in red sauce, and smothered with loads of melted cheese! Pure comfort food that’s packed with flavor that the whole family will love!
Easy 30-Minute One-Skillet Lasagna – Everything cooks in one skillet and you don’t even need to boil the noodles separately! Full of classic lasagna flavor but so much faster and easier! Now you can make lasagna on busy weeknights!
Extra Cheesy Tortellini Bake – Three-cheese tortellini baked with pasta sauce AND 3 more cheeses! Cheese lovers will adore this easy comfort food that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Three Cheese Baked Ziti – Mozzarella, fontina, and parmesan melted together are divine!! An easy, make-ahead meal that’s also freezer-friendly and so tasty! The whole family will love it!
Easy 20-Minute Lighter Fettucine Alfredo – The creamy and cheesy taste you crave minus the extra fat and calories! A fast and easy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights that everyone loves!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla . The opinions and text are all mine.