Greek Pita Chip Salad
If you’re looking for a traditional Greek salad, this isn’t the one. But I like this one better.
Because along with juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy red peppers, olives, red onions, feta cheese, parsley and mint for herby flavor, there are pita chips for extra crunch and texture.
And who can say no to pita chips. But if you’re a traditionalist and must omit them, I guess we can still be friends.
This light yet satisfying salad is loaded with flavor from not only the veggies and herbs but also from the easy, shake-together vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, garlic, and olive oil.
It’s easy, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s flexibility with the ingredients based on your tastes.
I used Kalamata olives but black could be substituted or omit them if you’re not an olive person. I used feta in a block that I diced rather than the pre-packaged crumbles. Cherry tomatoes could be swapped for regular. Rinsing red onions under warm water for a few seconds helps to take their bitey edge off. Add all ingredients to taste.
This is the perfect salad when your garden is bursting with tomatoes and cucumbers.
It’s refreshing and healthy.
P.S. I couldn’t decide which font colors I liked so I’m keeping both collages.
Greek Pita Chip Salad
If you're looking for a traditional Greek salad, this isn't the one but I like this one better. Because along with juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy red peppers, olives, red onions, feta cheese, parsley and mint for herby flavor, there are pita chips for extra crunch and texture. This light yet satisfying salad is loaded with flavor from not only the veggies and herbs but also from the easy, shake-together vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Easy, ready in 10 minutes, there's flexibility with the ingredients, and perfect when your garden is bursting with tomatoes and cucumbers.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (from about 2 to 3 medium/large), seeded if desired
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber (from about half of one cucumber)
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell pepper (from about 1 medium/large pepper), seeded
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups lightly crushed pita chips (I crush them in my palm)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled or diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (rinse under warm water to take the bitey edge off)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced if desired (black olives may be substituted)
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely minced (regular parsley may be substituted)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional and to taste (takes the edge off the acidity from tomatoes and peppers)
- Salad - To a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine; set aside.
- Vinaigrette - To a glass jar with a lid, add all ingredients and shake vigorously to combine. Taste and make any necessary flavor tweaks, i.e. more salt, pepper, sugar, etc. Evenly drizzle the vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine before serving. Salad can be assembled and kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours before being dressed. After dressing it, serve immediately. Salad is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days, noting it will lose crunchiness and become more watery as time passes.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out 50+ Amazing Easy Salads!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad – (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier & lighter? Make this easy, refreshing & satisfying salad!
Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad – Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette! A healthy yet hearty salad!
Spinach Blueberry Superfoods Salad – So many textures and flavors in this hearty salad filled with superfoods! Spinach, blueberries, dried cranberries, almonds, and more! Easy, satisfying, healthy, and tastes amazing!
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad – Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil! Easy, healthy, ready in 15 minutes! The caprese salad you’ll make again and again!
Garden Fresh Quinoa Salad – Loaded with everything fresh, light, healthy! Great for parties, potlucks, and lunch boxes because there’s no mayo! Easy and flavorful!
Twelve Superfoods Salad – Trying to eat healthier? Make this easy, flavorful salad! Loaded with everything healthy and it tastes awesome! Kale, quinoa, edamame, blueberries, grapes, seeds, nuts, and more!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Grilled Chicken Salad – All the flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad! The Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette doubles as marinade + salad dressing to save time!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – The flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
Lemon, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Almond Quinoa Salad – Fast, easy, and fresh! Bright flavors and loads of texture! This clean-eating salad keeps you full and satisfied! Healthy never tasted so good!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Cranberry, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry-Apple Cider Dressing – All the flavors of fall in one gorgeous, hearty, and healthy salad!! The easy, tart-and-sweet dressing is just bursting with flavor!
Strawberry, Avocado, and Kale Salad with Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – Make a kale lover out of anyone in this healthy salad with creamy avocado and juicy berries!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! An awesome 15-minute meal!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!