Greek Pita Chip Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chopped Greek Salad with Pita Chips — Greek salad just got a makeover!! Still uses classic ingredients like red peppers, cucumbers, onions, olives, and feta but now there are PITA CHIPS for extra crunch and texture! EASY, HEALTHY, ready in 10 minutes!!
Chopped Greek Salad with Pita Chips
If you’re looking for a traditional Greek salad, this isn’t the one. But I like this one better.
Because along with juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy red peppers, olives, red onions, feta cheese, parsley and mint for herby flavor, there are pita chips for extra crunch and texture.
And who can say no to pita chips? But if you’re a traditionalist and must omit them, I guess we can still be friends.
This light yet satisfying Greek tomato cucumber salad is loaded with flavor from not only the veggies and herbs but also from the easy, shake-together vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, garlic, and olive oil.
It’s easy, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s flexibility with the ingredients based on your tastes.
This is the perfect salad when your garden is bursting with tomatoes and cucumbers. It’s refreshing and healthy.
What’s in Chopped Greek Salad?
For the chopped Greek salad itself, you’ll need:
- English cucumber
- Red bell pepper
- Crushed pita chips
- Feta cheese
- Red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley
And for the Greek salad dressing, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
How to Make Chopped Greek Salad with Pita Chips
You’ll first need to prep all the veggies and lightly crush the pita chips. Then, add all the Greek cucumber salad ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.
Once the salad is assembled, it’s just a matter of whisking together the Greek salad dressing. Evenly drizzle the vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine before serving.
Be sure to taste and make any necessary flavor tweaks to the dressing as needed (i.e. more sugar, salt, pepper, etc.).
Can I Assemble This Greek Cucumber Salad in Advance?
This chopped Greek salad can be assembled and kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours before being dressed. After dressing it, serve immediately.
Salad is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days, noting it will lose crunchiness and become more watery as time passes.
What Should I Serve with Chopped Greek Salad?
I love eating this pita chip salad on its own, but if you want to serve it alongside a main dish here are some of my favorites:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Chicken with Caramelized Lemons
- Grilled Sriracha Lime Chicken
- Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled BLT Turkey Burgers
Tips for Making Chopped Greek Salad
- I used Kalamata olives, but black could be substituted or omit them if you’re not an olive person.
- I used feta in a block that I diced rather than the pre-packaged crumbles.
- Cherry tomatoes could be swapped for regular.
- Rinsing red onions under warm water for a few seconds helps to take their bitey edge off.
- Add all ingredients to taste.
P.S. I couldn’t decide which font colors I liked so I’m keeping both collages.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (from about 2 to 3 medium/large), seeded if desired
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber (from about half of one cucumber)
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell pepper (from about 1 medium/large pepper), seeded
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups lightly crushed pita chips (I crush them in my palm)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled or diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (rinse under warm water to take the bitey edge off)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced if desired (black olives may be substituted)
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely minced (regular parsley may be substituted)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional and to taste (takes the edge off the acidity from tomatoes and peppers)
For the Salad:
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine; set aside.
For the Vinaigrette:
- To a glass jar with a lid, add all ingredients and shake vigorously to combine. Taste and make any necessary flavor tweaks, i.e. more salt, pepper, sugar, etc.
- Evenly drizzle the vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine before serving.
- Salad can be assembled and kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours before being dressed. After dressing it, serve immediately.
- Salad is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 2 days, noting it will lose crunchiness and become more watery as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 1507mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g
More Easy Salad Recipes:
Check out 50+ Amazing Easy Salads!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad – (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier & lighter? Make this easy, refreshing & satisfying salad!
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad — Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil! Easy, healthy, ready in 15 minutes! The caprese salad you’ll make again and again!
Twelve Superfoods Salad – Trying to eat healthier? Make this easy, flavorful salad! Loaded with everything healthy and it tastes awesome! Kale, quinoa, edamame, blueberries, grapes, seeds, nuts, and more!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Grilled Chicken Salad — All the flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad! The Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette doubles as marinade + salad dressing to save time!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – The flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Cranberry, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad – All the flavors of fall in one gorgeous, hearty, and healthy salad!! The easy, tart-and-sweet dressing is just bursting with flavor!
Strawberry, Avocado, and Kale Salad with Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – Make a kale lover out of anyone in this healthy salad with creamy avocado and juicy berries!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! An awesome 15-minute meal!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.