Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet
This post may contain affiliate links.
Anytime I can bake something rather than standing at the stove and babysitting it makes me very happy. Case in point this baked omelet.
It’s as easy as whisking together eggs, milk, ham, cheese, green onions, and baking.
You can make it in your sleep which is about how I feel some mornings. Pop it in the oven and go back to bed for awhile.
Or fix your coffee, read the paper (I mean check your social media), and relax.
It’s great for breakfast, holiday brunches, family get togethers, or as breakfast-for-dinner when you want to change things up.
If you’re not into ham, try bacon or sausage. Or make it vegetarian by omitting the meat and adding mushrooms and extra veggies like bell peppers or tomatoes.
There are no rules when it comes to what you can put in your omelet. Have you ever seen some of the combinations people ask for at hotels when there’s a make-to-order omelet station? But I digress.
Let’s get back to this ham and cheese beauty.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces diced cooked ham (bacon or sausage may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds, plus more for garnishing to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 cup cheese, ham, green onions, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes (I baked 58 minutes), or until eggs are cooked and omelet is set. Because all ovens and pans vary, start checking at 40 minutes and bake until done.
- Garnish with green onions to taste and serve immediately. Omelet is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days; reheat gently.
Adapted from The Seasoned Mom
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 455mgSodium: 1270mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole – Crisp bacon, melted cheese, and green onions add so much flavor! Hearty but stays perfectly light thanks to a secret ingredient! Easy nd perfect for breakfast, lazy brunches, or breakfast-for-dinner!
White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs – Fast and easy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon and cheese jazz these eggs right up!
Easy Spinach and Tomato Frittata – Ready in 10 minutes and healthy! Perfect for any meal!! Great for using up odds-and-ends veggies, too!
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy, and only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Creamy eggs with crispy hash browns and made in one skillet!
Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet – Hearty comfort food that’s worth getting out of bed for! Great for brunch or as breakfast-for-dinner! Ready in 30 minutes and packed with big flavors!
Eggs In Hell with Italian Sausage – Sometimes called Eggs in Purgatory or shakshuka, this easy dish includes eggs poached in tomatoes with sausage and garlic for tons of flavor! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.