Beef Taco Pasta Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links.
Beef Taco Pasta Skillet – An EASY recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skillet, and loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors!! A family favorite that’s great for busy weeknights!!
Fast and Easy
The beauty of this recipe is that’s ready in 20 minutes and it’s made in one skillet. Only one skillet to wash is the name of this tune.
And there’s no waiting for water to boil and cooking pasta separately before adding it back into the dish. This recipe is how you streamline dinners and make things easier on yourself.
How To Make The Beef Taco Pasta
Simply brown the ground beef before adding taco seasoning, water, corn, canned tomatoes, and black beans. After the pasta is cooked, stir in cheese, and garnish with green onions and cilantro.
If you want to add some avocado like I did in this One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta, it would be lovely.
How Does The Beef Taco Pasta Skillet Taste
It’s full of all your favorite Mexican-inspired taco flavors and fixings. And it reminds me of this One-Skillet Tex Mex Beef Mac & Cheese which is a family favorite.
Who can resist taco-seasoned ground beef, perfectly al dente pasta, sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, black beans, and plenty of melted cheese that sticks to the pasta and reminds me of this Easy 30-Minute Taco Macaroni and Cheese.
Topped with green onions, it’s a fiesta at the dinner table that the whole family will love.
Meal Prep and Freezer-Friendly
It’s a great recipe to make when you want to have planned leftovers, aka meal prepping, because it makes a big batch. Simply add the leftovers to individual plastic containers and store them in the fridge for about 5 days. Or for longer term storage, this is a very freezer-friendly recipe.
We heat the containers up in the micro for easy grab-and-serve lunches or hectic weeknight dinners on the fly.
Favorite Taco Recipes:
- Easy 20-Minute Chicken Tinga Tacos – FAST, super easy, and the super juicy chicken has AUTHENTIC smoky chipotle FLAVOR!! When you’re craving tacos, these are the tacos to make! Great for busy weeknights!!
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – Learn how to make authentic-tasting barbacoa beef in your Instant Pot or slow cooker!! EASY, tastes BETTER than a restaurant, and is a dinnertime WINNER!
- Easy 30-Minute Taco Macaroni and Cheese – Super creamy, ultra cheesy, flavored with taco seasoning, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, and cilantro!! EASY comfort food with a Mexican flair that’s a family FAVORITE!!
- Taco Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more! Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!!
- Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 90%)
- one 1-ounce packet taco seasoning (I used reduced sodium, medium heat)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- pinch cayenne, optional and to taste
- 8 ounces dry uncooked pasta (I used wagon wheels; bowtie, rotini, penne, small shells, etc. are ok)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- one 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain, I used no salt added)
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no salt added)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- 2 or 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
- salt and pepper, optional and to taste
- To a large skillet, add the oil, beef, and cook over medium-high heat, crumbling and stirring frequently as it cooks. I don’t find the need to drain it; and the extra bit of fat will prevent the pasta from sticking later.
- Add the taco seasoning, cumin, optional cayenne (I don’t think it makes it hot, rather it gives it flavor), and stir to combine.
- Add the dry pasta, water, corn, tomatoes, beans, and stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked through.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese and stir to combine.
- Optionally add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Evenly sprinkle the green onions, taste to check for seasoning balance, and if desired add salt and pepper (I used no salt added canned goods and needed to add a bit of salt and pepper), and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 834mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 36g
One-Skillet Tex Mex Beef Mac & Cheese – An EASY recipe that’s made in ONE skillet so you don’t have to cook the pasta separately!! Loaded with ground beef, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro! A family FAVORITE that feeds a crowd!!
One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta – An EASY recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skillet, and loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors!! A family favorite that’s great for busy weeknights!!
Easy 30-Minute Taco Macaroni and Cheese – Super creamy, ultra cheesy, flavored with taco seasoning, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, and cilantro!! EASY comfort food with a Mexican flair that’s a family FAVORITE!!
Loaded Beef Skillet Nachos – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and LOADED with taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lots of CHEESE!! Great for parties, game days, after school snacks, or a cheat night dinner!!
Loaded Smothered Beef Burritos – Mexican comfort food that’s loaded with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, rice, and smothered with sauce and CHEESE!! Tastes BETTER than from a restaurant, freezer-friendly, and so EASY!!
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – Learn how to make authentic-tasting barbacoa beef in your Instant Pot or slow cooker!! EASY, tastes BETTER than a restaurant, and is a dinnertime WINNER!!
Easy 30-Minute Beef Taco Chili – Don’t have all day for chili to simmer? No problem!! This EASY, hearty chili full of Mexican-inspired flavors is ready in 30 minutes! If you like TACOS, you’ll LOVE this chili!!
Taco Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more! Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!!
Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Cheesy Beef Taco Pie – Your favorite taco ingredients baked into a savory, CHEESY pie!! Ground beef, tomatoes, tortilla chips, and more! Great for parties, tailgating, or EASY family dinners and everyone loves it!!
Layered Loaded Chicken Taco Salad – Juicy chicken, avocado, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, tortilla chips, and more in this loaded salad that’s easy and ready in 15 minutes! A creamy lime-cilantro dressing adds tons of flavor!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.