Black Bean Burrito Bowl Salad
Black Bean Burrito Bowl Salad – Your favorite burrito ingredients minus the meat and extra carbs to keep things HEALTHIER!! Ready in 10 minutes and keeps you satisfied but not stuffed! Great EASY lunch, dinner, or meal prep recipe!!
What’s In The Burrito Bowl Salad
The great thing about salads, including this recipe, is that they’re highly flexible based on what you have on hand and enjoy. I kept things very straightforward and that I always have on hand and you likely will too. I used:
- Black Beans
- Avocado Crema
What Else Can Add To The Salad?
- Cheese (shredded Mexican cheese blend, crumbled cotija, or panela are my recommendations)
- Red, White, or Green Onions
- Chipotle Peppers
- Chile Peppers
- Bell Peppers
- Animal Protein (Chicken, Beef, Chorizo, Pastor, etc.)
- Drizzled Lime Juice
- Favorite Vinaigrette such as Mango Vinaigrette
Meal Prep Recipe
This is a very easy meal prep idea for weekday lunches at work or school or for an easy grab-and-go healthy weeknight dinner that you just need to pull out of the fridge when hunger strikes.
As long as you don’t dress the salad and keep them somewhat separated and in semi-distinct piles as shown in the photos, you can assemble these four-ish days in advance without worrying too much about things getting soggy.
Healthy And Satisfying
As shown, my black bean burrito bowl (minus the avocado crema) is naturally vegan and gluten-free. You can always use vegan sour cream in the crema if it’s important to you to keep this recipe vegan rather than vegetarian.
The great thing about rice and beans is that they fill you up without stuffing you, and you’re satisfied for hours. Between the fiber and water-content in the lettuce, tomato, and corn – and without the tortilla wrap carbs in a traditional burrito – you’ve got yourself a healthier burrito option that’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice; one 8.8-ounce bag precooked ready rice saves time; use your favorite rice)
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no-salt added)
- 3 cups lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 2/3 cup corn (I used canned that I drained and rinsed, frozen or fresh is ok)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 medium ripe Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or vegan sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about medium 1 lime)
- pinch salt, to taste
- water, if necessary
- cilantro, optional for garnishing
- Salad - Divide all the ingredients between two medium/large bowls.
- Avocado Crema - To the canister of a food processor or blender (mini food processors work great here), add all ingredients except water and blend until smooth and creamy. If mixture is thick, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle avocado crema over salad and serve immediately. Undressed salads will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Avocado Crema from Here
1. Note that nutritional stats take into account using all of the avocado crema spread over two bowls which is unlikely so the stats are going to be much lighter/less if you use a more moderate amount of crema, likely only a few tablespoons is all you'll need per bowl. Extra crema will keep airtight for up to 4 days, noting it may oxidize as time passes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 812mg Carbohydrates: 118g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 27g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g
Loaded Smothered Beef Burritos – Mexican comfort food that’s loaded with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, rice, and smothered with sauce and CHEESE!! Tastes BETTER than from a restaurant, plus these burritos are freezer-friendly and so EASY!!
Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad – Tossed with a tangy cumin lime vinaigrette. It’s incredibly filling thanks to the beans and avocado, and can easily be packed for lunch!
Avocado Black Bean Mexican Salad – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and there’s so much FLAVOR from the lime-cumin-chili vinaigrette!! Great for lunch or a meatless Monday dinner! Accidentally vegan, gluten-free, HEALTHY, and DELISH!!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Such a fast and easy recipe to make. Plus, it’s loaded with flavor and textures galore. Two kinds of beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, crisp peppers, and green onions are tossed in a lime-chili-cumin vinaigrette that’s perfectly light.
Chicken Avocado Black Bean Salad — A Mexican-inspired salad with tender chicken, black beans, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and more! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, HEALTHY, and packed with fiesta FLAVORS galore!
20-Minute Cilantro Chicken with Rice and Beans – Easy, healthy, and the fresh cilantro sauce is so good! The chicken is juicy, loaded with flavor, and along with the rice and beans and you’ll be satisfied for hours!
15-Minute Mango Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans – EASY, healthy, and the mango sauce spiked with lime juice is SO tasty!! You can’t go wrong with Mexican-inspired flavors, JUICY chicken, and rice and beans!!
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls – Juicy chicken along with your favorite burrito ingredients served in a bowl! Pile the toppings sky high and not worry about a wrap breaking, plus it’s a little healthier! Easy and ready in 15 minutes!
Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps – Filled with Mexican flavors, there’s taco-seasoned chicken, tomatoes, corn, peppers, cilantro, and cheese! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and a family favorite!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!