15-Minute Mango Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans
This post may contain affiliate links.
15-Minute Mango Lime Chicken with Rice and Beans – EASY, healthy, and the mango sauce spiked with lime juice is SO tasty!! You can’t go wrong with Mexican-inspired flavors, JUICY chicken, and rice and beans!!
This recipe is so easy, healthy, ready in under 20 minutes, and naturally gluten-free.
How To Make The Mango Sauce
Tender pieces of chicken are simmered in an easy yet super flavorful mango sauce that’s spiked with lime juice, garlic, brown sugar, and a pinch of cayenne if you like the heat.
Fresh mango always tastes best but you can cheat if you have to and use frozen mango that you thaw and drain off the water.
What Else Can I Do With Mango Sauce
The sauce also makes a great chicken marinade or just eat it as a dip with tortilla chips. Yum.
The flavors in the sauce mellow and marry in the skillet. So if you like it straight from the blender you’re going to love it after it’s been cooked for a few minutes. I could even see adding red curry paste and coconut milk and making a Thai-inspired curry but that’s a whole other direction but a good one.
The chicken stays so juicy and moist thanks to the mango sauce.
What To Serve With The Chicken
I served the chicken with rice, black beans, and garnished everything with fresh cilantro. I used precooked rice to save time but you can make it from scratch or sub with quinoa, couscous, or another favorite grain.
ALL MY FAVORITE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES HERE
ALL MY FAVORITE MEXICAN RECIPES HERE
- one large or extra-large fresh mango, peeled and diced into chunks or about 1 cup frozen mango, thawed and drained
- about 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided or as needed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- one 8.8-ounce package precooked rice
- one 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used low-salt)
- fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- To the canister of a food processor fitted with the S-blade or high speed blender add the mango, about 4 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, optional cayenne pepper, and mix on high speed until smooth and emulsified. If necessary, add additional oil to get things moving in the food processor and until sauce comes together in a thick but pourable consistency. Taste and make any necessary seasoning adjustments if desired; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, chicken, season evenly with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- After chicken is cooked through, reduce the heat to medium-low, and evenly drizzle as much mango sauce as desired over the chicken (you may have extra that you can save for another use or discard or reserve for drizzling over food when serving), stir to coat evenly, and simmer gently for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and evenly divide the chicken, rice, and beans between the serving bowls.
- Add additional mango sauce over the rice and beans or chicken, if desired. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Adapted from 20-Minute Cilantro Chicken with Rice and Beans
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 691Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 11gSugar: 20gProtein: 60g
20-Minute Cilantro Chicken with Rice and Beans – Easy, healthy, and the fresh cilantro sauce is so good! The chicken is juicy, loaded with flavor, and along with the rice and beans and you’ll be satisfied for hours!
Sesame Mango Chicken – An easy Asian-inspired recipe with tender sesame chicken, juicy mango, and soy-garlic-ginger infused cabbage and carrots! One skillet, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights!
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls – Juicy chicken along with your favorite burrito ingredients served in a bowl! Pile the toppings sky high and not worry about a wrap breaking, plus it’s a little healthier! Easy and ready in 15 minutes!
Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps – Filled with Mexican flavors, there’s taco-seasoned chicken, tomatoes, corn, peppers, cilantro, and cheese! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and a family favorite!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Loaded Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats – Skip enchilada wraps and use zucchini instead! Easy, healthier and there’s so much flavor between juicy chicken drenched in enchilada sauce, corn, peppers, and cheese!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.