Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links.
Lettuce wraps at PF Chang’s are so good. They’re a favorite for my family and a must-order item.
Since I love Mexican food, I worked some Mexican flair into what’s normally an Asian dish.
Soft butter lettuce (you could also use romaine) cradles taco-seasoned chicken, juicy tomatoes and corn, crisp bell peppers, and cheese.
The wraps are topped with bright cilantro and seasoned tortilla chips. There’s so much flavor and texture in every bite. I tend to overstuff my wraps to pack in as many flavors and textures as I possibly can, but tender butter lettuce doesn’t exactly allow for that and sometimes I have wrap breakage. There are worse things.
The wraps are an easy party appetizer and people love creating their own wraps. Or make them for a fast, fun, and healthy dinner or lunch. They’re ready in 10 minutes and a crowd favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use reduced sodium, medium heat)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced small (I used Roma, vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen, fresh may be substituted)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend with monterey Jack and cheddar)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned tortilla chips, crushed (I crush Doritos in my palm)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and diced or make into guacamole, optional
- salsa, optional for garnshing
- sour cream, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, flipping and stirring intermittently so all sides cook evenly. After the chicken has cooked through, evenly sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to evenly coat. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Allow chicken to rest in pan off the heat while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Peel off the leaves of the butter lettuce from the core and stack them on a plate.
- Place 2 leaves of butter lettuce on a separate plate (I like to double up the leaves so the wraps are sturdier) and add about 3 tablespoons chicken, 1 tablespoon tomatoes, 1 tablespoon bell peppers, 1 tablespoon corn, 2 tablespoons cheese, a pinch of cilantro, and sprinkle with tortilla chips to taste. Optionally add black beans, avocado or guacamole, salsa, or sour cream for garnishing. Fold up and enjoy immediately. Repeat until chicken and remaining ingredients are gone. Wraps are best fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 824mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 46g
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!!
Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup – Chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado, cheese, and addictively crunchy tortilla strips! Fast, easy weeknight meal, and better than from a restaurant!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Healthy Beefy Tacos (vegan) – Just like the real thing but a million times healthier! So good, hearty and taste JUST like the real deal!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Lightened Up Corn and Bean Quesadillas with Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa (vegetarian/vegan option) – You don’t have to derail your diet to enjoy hearty & satisfying comfort food! This version is only about 300 calories and ready in 15 minutes!
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal!! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
D0-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
Loaded Guacamole Nachos – Fresh, easy homemade guac on top of cheesy chips is totally irresistible! These disappear fast!
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries – One of my most popular recipes ever!
Sweet Potato, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas (vegetarian) – Healthier comfort food that everyone will love! Fast, easy and tastes amazing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.