Caramel Apple Cider
This post may contain affiliate links.
Caramel Apple Cider – Warm apple cider spiked with cinnamon, maple and almond extracts, apple chunks, and the mugs are rimmed with heavenly homemade salted caramel sauce!! FAST, EASY, and so DELICIOUS!!
Now that fall is in full swing it’s time to break out the apple cider and savor the flavors of fall.
What’s In The Caramel Apple Cider
The extracts are a lovely complement to the apple cider.
I have always been a huge huge fan of almond extract and have written many times that I could bathe in it or drink it. Well, in this case I literally did drink it.
Just 2 teaspoons though diluted by a gallon of apple cider combined with 2 teaspoons of McCormick Maple Extract.
Maple, apples, McCormick Cinnamon Sticks, it doesn’t get any more fall is in the air than that.
How To Make The Caramel Apple Cider
Simply simmer together apple cider, maple and almond extracts, and you can either add the cinnamon sticks to the simmering pot, or you can add cinnamon sticks to each individual mug.
The upside of adding sticks to the batch of simmering cider is that your house will smell amazing as the aromas diffuse. The upside of adding cinnamon sticks to each mug is the personalized, cute-factor touch. Either way, it’s a win.
Then rim the mugs with caramel sauce, pour in the warm cider, plop in a few diced apple chunks, and slurp away.
As a tip, if for some reason you’re having one of those Indian summer days and the thought of a warm beverage isn’t what you’re craving, you can definitely serve this with chilled apple cider instead.
The Caramel Sauce
I rimmed each of the mugs with The Best and The Easiest Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. It’s so good and so easy but if you want to cheat and use store bought salted caramel sauce, be my guest.
Or if you want to just go with traditional (non-salted) caramel sauce, that’s great too. Whatever floats your apples.
This is a situation where embracing the mess is the only way to go. Rather than trying to be super neat and only having the caramel sauce on the very tops of the mugs, I spoon it on with a heavy hand and let it drizzle down the sides.
The caramel that drizzles down and mixes with the apple cider in your mug is a heavenly combo and the caramel that drizzles down the outside of the mug, well, my daughter said, “Mom there’s no shame in licking the sides of the mug.” How true.
Here’s a video showing how I made the homemade salted caramel sauce and the apple cider.
Other favorite apple recipes:
- Caramel Apple Crumble Pie – Apple Pie meets Apple Crumble meets plenty of gooey caramel! Easy, fast, 5-minutes to assemble. Goofproof recipe for those of us who aren’t pie-makers!
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie – This recipe from McCormick combines warm cinnamon spice, sweet honey crisp apples and crave-worthy caramel topping to create a delectable dessert that is the perfect finish to any meal!
- Caramel Oatmeal Pumpkin Bars – Prepare this updated rendition of the classic bar cookie from McCormick for the holiday dessert table or cookie exchanges!
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars – Move over apple pie! These are an apple pie, apple crumble and cheesecake all in one! YUM!
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake – The soft and gooey factor of a Cinnabon with apples and so much caramel sauce! Easy, ready in 30 minutes, and uses store bought cinnamon roll dough to save time! One of the best desserts ever!
- Caramel Apple Crumble Foil Packs –Easy, zero cleanup, made on the grill (or oven) in record time, and delish! Juicy apples, chewy crumble topping, and luscious salted caramel!
- Apple Fritter Bread – Soft, fluffy bread that’s stuffed AND topped with apples, cinnamon, and sugar! Like apple fritters in bread form!
- caramel or salted caramel sauce for rimming the glasses (make your own homemade salted caramel sauce
- 1 gallon apple cider
- McCormick Cinnamon Sticks, as desired
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Maple Extract, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Almond Extract, or to taste
- 1 large red apple (gala, Fuji, honeycrisp, etc.), cored and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large green apple (Granny Smith, etc.), cored and diced into bite-sized pieces
- Either make a batch of homemade salted caramel sauce (omit the salt if you want plain caramel sauce) OR use your favorite store bought caramel or salted caramel sauce; set aside.
- To a large stockpot, add the apple cider, and simmer over medium high heat until it's as warm as desired.
- While the cider is simmering, you can either add cinnamon sticks to the batch or add them later to each individual mug which is what I did.
- Add the maple and almond extracts to the cider and stir to combine; set cider aside.
- Rim the top of each mug with a generous portion of caramel sauce (I use a spoon and drizzle it over the top of each rim and do not worry about the excess that drizzles into the mug because it's delicious).
- Add cider to each mug, add cinnamon sticks now to each mug if you didn't already add them to the simmering batch of cider, and add about 3 pieces of both red and green apples to each mug. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 59gProtein: 1g
Caramel Apple Crumble Foil Packs –Easy, zero cleanup, made on the grill (or oven) in record time, and delish! Juicy apples, chewy crumble topping, and luscious salted caramel!
Caramel Apple Crumble Pie – Apple Pie meets Apple Crumble meets plenty of gooey caramel! Easy, fast, 5-minutes to assemble. Goofproof recipe for those of us who aren’t pie-makers!
Apple Cinnamon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – An EASY, one-bowl, no-mixer apple cake that’s to-die-for!! Loaded with juicy apples in every bite, perfectly spiced, and topped with tangy cream cheese frosting! So DELISH!!
Sugar Cookie Apple Crumble Cheesecake Pie – A buttery sugar cookie crust, tangy cream cheese filling, tender juicy apples, and a crumble topping make this pie a total SHOWSTOPPER!! EASY and THE BEST apple pie!!
Caramel Apple Muffins – Soft, fluffy, springy, loaded with chunks of apples, and so much CARAMEL flavor!! EASY, no mixer needed, and you’d never guess they’re accidentally vegan!!
Cinnamon Spice Applesauce Bread with Honey Butter – Applesauce keeps this bread so soft & moist! It’s like apple spice cake, disguised as ‘bread’ so you can have extra!
Spiced Apple and Banana Bundt Cake with Vanilla Caramel Glaze – Apple cake meets banana bread with a to-die-for glaze! Best.ever.
Apple Fritter Bread – Soft, fluffy bread that’s stuffed AND topped with apples, cinnamon, and sugar! Like apple fritters in bread form!
Carrot Apple Bread – Carrot cake with apples added and baked as a bread so it’s healthier! Super moist, packed with flavor, fast and easy!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars – Move over apple pie! These are an apple pie, apple crumble and cheesecake all in one! YUM!
5-Minute Microwave Apple Cinnamon Crumble For One (vegan, gluten-free) – 5-minute easy recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or snacks!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake – The soft and gooey factor of a Cinnabon with apples and so much caramel sauce! Easy, ready in 30 minutes, and uses storebought cinnamon roll dough to save time! One of the BEST desserts ever!
Post sponsored by McCormick. The recipe, images, text, video, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.