Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Tortilla Pinwheels — Creamy avocado with sharp cheddar, cilantro, and a little bit of smoky chipotle heat! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, and everyone loves these! Great appetizer and a game day party favorite!!
Easy Party Pinwheels Recipe
Are you ready for football season and tailgating parties? I’m not really a big fan of the game itself, but I am definitely a fan of football food. Making a meal out of appetizers, snacks, dips, and chips is the best.
I love some good gluttonous party food as much as the next person, but in an effort to lighten things up I made these veggie pinwheels.
They’re meat-free, and you can keep them gluten-free by using corn rather than flour tortillas. You’ll never miss the meat in these rollups because they’re packed with flavor.
There’s a creamy avocado spread I made by mixing avocado with Silk’s Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, the chipotle seasoning adds a nice kick, there’s bright and fresh cilantro, chewy sun-dried tomatoes, and the cheese is dairy-free (Try brands like this or this).
The tortilla pinwheels are incredibly fast and easy to make and in 5 minutes you’ll be snacking away. It’s usually the fast and easy recipes that go first at parties and these are no exception.
My friends gobbled them up at a recent get-together, and you can easily double or triple the recipe depending on how many hungry fans you have.
What’s in the Tortilla Pinwheels?
To make this easy pinwheel appetizer recipe, you’ll need:
- Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Cheddar cheese (use dairy-free, if needed)
- Chipotle seasoning
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Tortilla Pinwheels
In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and yogurt. Spread the avocado mixture over two burrito-size tortillas.
Add the cheese slices on top, then sprinkle with the chipotle seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh cilantro.
Roll the tortillas up, then slice into 1-inch pinwheels.
Can This Recipe Be Prepared in Advance?
Yes! You can make the party pinwheels up to 12 hours before you plan on serving them. The avocado mash shouldn’t oxidize in that time since it gets mixed with lemon juice first.
Tips for Making Veggie Pinwheels
When spreading the avocado mixture over the tortillas, be sure to leave a 1/4-inch margin around the edges so the filling doesn’t ooze out.
You’re welcome to mix and match the fillings of this tortilla roll ups recipe. Use different cheeses, add more herbs, and so on.
This recipe is easy to double or triple, so make however many tortilla pinwheels as you need!
- 2 large (burrito-style) tortillas (flour or corn may be used)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- about 8 slices of cheddar cheese, softened to room temp (white cheddar, provolone, or your favorite cheese may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place tortilla wraps on cutting board; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mash with a fork to combine.
- Spread half the mixture over 1 wrap and half over the other wrap, leaving a 1/4-inch bare margin.
- Add the cheese slices (about 4 slices per wrap depending on the size) in an even, flat layer noting that you may need to break the cheese in places to get coverage.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning, or to taste.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Roll each wrap up tightly and position so the seam is down. Using a serrated knife, slice into 1-inch segments and serve immediately. Rollups are best fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Best Appetizers to Bring to a Party:
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups — Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Mexican Baked Cheesy Street Corn Dip – A hot corn dip reminiscent of Mexican street corn!! Creamy, cheesy, spiked with lime juice, chili powder, and a serrano chile or jalapeno for a touch of heat!
Layered Beef Taco Dip — A FAST and EASY layered dip with taco-seasoned cream cheese, sour cream, ground beef, black beans, cheese, tomatoes, and more!! Perfect for your next FIESTA and a guaranteed WINNER with everyone!!
Spicy Chorizo Queso — No processed cheese in this EASY queso dip that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Wonderfully spicy thanks to the chorizo! Great appetizer for holiday entertaining, parties, and game days!!
Easy Jalapeño Cheese Ball — Just spicy enough that the more you have, the more you want!! A fast, easy, and foolproof hit!!
Restaurant-Style Salsa — This salsa recipe will teach you how to make salsa at home in just a few minutes in the blender, so you’ll never run out!
Mexican Meatballs with Tomato Avocado Salad — These FAST and EASY ground beef meatballs are coated are loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors the whole family will LOVE!!
Post is brought to you by Silk. The recipe, thoughts, images, and opinions expressed are my own. #MeatlessMondayNight
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.