Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love dips and this one hits all the elements.
It’s the type of dip you just want to babysit with a fistful of chips so you can keep on dipping. One after the next.
And after your chips run low, you can move on to nibbling the bread bowl. Don’t waste perfectly good carbs.
To make the dip, simply stir together cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and a packet of ranch dip seasoning mix. I used McCormick, but you can use a storebrand or stir together onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. But for about a dollar, I went with the mindless ease of a packet.
You can use lite or lower fat versions of both the cream cheese and sour cream, or traditional versions.
I used a blend of white cheddar, Pepper Jack, and mozzarella cheese. Use what you have and enjoy.
Even though it takes just minutes to stir the ingredients together, you can make the dip a few days in advance and keep it airtight in the fridge until you’re ready to transfer it into the bread bowl for serving.
If you’re having a party, it’s one less thing to do the day of, and it gives the flavors time to marry. A win-win.
The ranch flavor is bold and intense, and my daughter told me this was one of my best dips ever.
We went to town on it, switching between potato chips, bread, and sweet potato chips.
It’s a perfect backyard bbq, pool party, or game day dip. I’m thinking Memorial Day weekend.
Just make sure you have plenty of nice cold beverages to wash it down with.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, very soft (lite is okay)
- 8 ounces sour cream (lite is okay)
- about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, measured loosely piled (American, Colby, pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite)
- 1-ounce packet ranch dip seasoning mix (I used McCormick
- one 6 to 8-inch round loaf of bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except bread) and stir until combined. The softer the cream cheese is, the easier stirring is; set aside.
- With a serrated knife, slice off the top of bread in a circle, about 1-inch from the edge. Go down deep enough with knife to hollow out and remove interior section of the bread. If necessary, use your fingers to remove interior section of bread; save for dipping if desired.
- Transfer dip into bread bowl and serve immediately with chips, crackers, veggies, etc. Dip can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept airtight in the refrigerator. Do not place dip into bread bowl until ready to serve because the bread will get soggy. Dip will keep airtight in the refrigerator for about 5 to 7 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1014Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 1555mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 31g
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix (no-bake) – Pretzels, peanuts & popcorn tossed with ranch mix! Ready in 5 mins & so addictively good
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection
Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – aka Queso Dip or Ro-Tel Dip – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat
Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Fat-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, fat free, serve warm or cold) – A five-minute dip to toss together and full of texture from the corn and peppers. It can also be baked like today’s dip if you have extra time
Cheater’s Guacaomole (vegan, GF) – Nothing to dice, mince, or chop in this easy guac
Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Parmesan Dip (GF) – Even people who say they don’t like cauliflower will love this healty, easy version
Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Comfort food goes skinny so you can still indulge without the bulge
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.