Easy Spicy-And-Sweet Glazed Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Spicy-And-Sweet Glazed Chicken – Perfectly spicy with just the right amount of sweetness in this EASY, super flavorful recipe that leave you wanting more!! Crispy skin on the outside, juicy and tender inside, and so GOOD!!
I am a fan of salty-and-sweet recipes as well as spicy-and-sweet. There is something about adding a touch of sweetness to salty or spicy recipes that I love. The flavor contrast gets me every time.
How To Make The Easy Spicy-And-Sweet Glazed Chicken
This recipe is so easy and ready in about 30 minutes. Simply brown chicken on the stove until it’s nicely golden browned and crispy.
While chicken is browning, mix up the glaze which consists of honey, sriracha, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Brush it on and then bake the chicken for about 20 minutes. So easy.
How Spicy Is The Chicken
This is a spicier recipe as written although you can make it as hot or not as you like by adjusting the sriracha and the cayenne levels.
If you want it less spicy, omit the cayenne and use half the sriracha. If you want it spicier and like to breathe fire like I do, and you know who you are, you can adjust things upwards as you desire.
Like with any spicy food, it may seem a little strong at first but then you find yourself wanting more. And more. Hurts so good. This recipe isn’t to that extreme but you get the point.
The exterior where the glaze is brushed on is definitely spicier than the interior.
What Kind Of Chicken To Use
For this recipe, I used chicken thighs without the skin. Normally my chicken recipes all use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I figured it was time I mixed it up.
You could probably use bone-in chicken thighs or breasts, or with the skin still on, but I haven’t tried those variations.
The thighs were juicy, tender, and had so much flavor from that spicy and sweet glaze.
Easy chicken recipes:
- 15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Fast, easy, gluten-free recipes on the skinnier side! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Easy dinners that are ready in a flash and perfect for busy weeknights! Delish, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
- P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps – You can skip the restaurant version and make your own in 20 minutes and I promise you this homemade version tastes better!
- Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice – One-skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll never want takeout again after tasting how good homemade is! Way more flavor, not greasy, and loads of juicy chicken!
- Better-Than-Takeout Cashew Chicken – Juicy chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and crunchy cashews coated with the best garlicky soy sauce! Skip takeout and make your own restaurant-quality meal that’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthier!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs (about 6; either with or without skin is fine)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha, or to taste
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste
- green onions sliced into thin rounds, for garnishing
- sesame seeds, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. To a large oven-proof skillet, add the oil and add the chicken with the skin down (or the side down where the skin would have been if you're using skinless), and evenly season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is golden browned, about 7 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, to a small bowl, add the honey, sriracha, garlic, optional cayenne, and stir to combine.
- Flip chicken over and evenly spoon the honey mixture over the browned side of all chicken pieces.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for about 16 to 22 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and done (165F). Exact cooking time will vary on the size of the pieces and exactly how browned/done they were going into the oven.
- Garnish with green onions, optional sesame seeds, and serve immediately. Chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 548mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 45g
15-Minute Orange Chili Chicken and Broccoli – The orange chili sauce is spicy, tangy, and sweet all in one!! The PERFECT sauce to jazz up chicken and broccoli! A FAST and EASY dinner with great Asian FLAVOR!!
Skinny 15-Minute Sesame Chicken and Broccoli – Skip takeout and make this Asian favorite at home in just minutes!! So EASY and HEALTHIER than what you’d get in a restaurant but tastes just as AWESOME!!
15-Minute Skillet Sesame Chicken with Broccoli – Healthier sesame chicken that isn’t breaded or fried! You won’t miss the fat or calories in this fast and easy version that’s loaded with Asian-inspired flavors! You can happily skip takeout now!
15-Minute Spicy Korean Skillet Chicken – Fast, EASY, perfectly SPICY chicken that’s so tender and juicy!! Who needs takeout or a restaurant when you can make this AWESOME chicken at home in 15 minutes!!
15-Minute Chicken, Vegetable, and Ramen Noodle Stir Fry – Don’t call for takeout when you can make this EASY Asian stir fry in minutes!! HEALTHIER and faster than takeout and great for busy weeknights!
Better-Than-Takeout Cashew Chicken – Juicy chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and crunchy cashews coated with the best garlicky soy sauce! Skip takeout and make your own restaurant-quality meal that’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthier!
Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice – One-skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll never want takeout again after tasting how good homemade is! Way more flavor, not greasy, and loads of juicy chicken!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.