15-Minute Orange Chili Chicken and Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links.
15-Minute Orange Chili Chicken and Broccoli – The orange chili sauce is spicy, tangy, and sweet all in one!! The PERFECT sauce to jazz up chicken and broccoli! A FAST and EASY dinner with great Asian FLAVOR!!
I am always all about the sauce. I firmly believe sauce can make or break a recipe and in this case, this sauce is so good that I want to drink it. I want it on everything.
It keeps the chicken juicy, tender, and adds so much flavor. And there’s no chance of boring broccoli with orange chili sauce around.
What’s In The Orange Chili Sauce
It’s made with orange juice, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and rice vinegar for a quintessentially Asian flavor profile. A little spicy, a little tangy, a little savory, and a little sweet all in one.
It packs some heat because of the 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce. And then I used nearly 1/3 cup brown sugar to add some sweet to that heat, so good.
You can use less chili garlic sauce than I did if you’re sensitive to heat but the sauce is not excessively hot after it cooks with the chicken and the natural water from the broccoli waters it down a bit.
What Else Can I Use It On
You will also only use about half the batch of it. It keeps very well in the fridge for at least a week. It would be great on grilled chicken as either a marinade or as something you brush on during grilling.
Or you can use it with shrimp. Stay tuned for an orange chili shrimp recipe. And I had an easy grilled Orange Salmon recipe last week.
Fast, Easy, 15-Minute Dinner
This is a fast, easy, 15-minute dinner that’s perfect for lazy summer days when you don’t want to turn on your oven and anything other than 15 minutes sounds like way too much work for dinner.
Actually I’m like that all year long so this recipe will keep me toasty from the inside out during the winter months.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
- ALL MY FAVORITE CHICKEN RECIPES HERE – A great collection of fast and easy chicken recipes the whole family will love!
- 15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Fast, easy, gluten-free recipes on the skinnier side! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Easy dinners that are ready in a flash and perfect for busy weeknights! Delish, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
Orange Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup (or slightly more) freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 large very juicy orange)
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed; plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (apple cider vinegar may be substituted)
Chicken and Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1.50 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite sized cubes
- 3 to 4 cups broccoli florets
- kosher salt, for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- Orange Chili Sauce - To a small saucepan, add the orange juice (Tip - If your oranges are cold from being refrigerated, put the whole orange in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it feels slightly warm to the touch. A warm orange will release much more juice than a cold one), chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, pepper, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir frequently. Allow mixture to boil for about 2 minutes.
- To a small bowl, add the corn starch, water, and stir to combine to make a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the boiling mixture, and stir continuously for about 1 minute, or until the mixture thickens up some.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the vinegar, stir to combine, and taste for seasoning balance. I prefer to add additional brown sugar but I like my sauces on the sweeter side. Set sauce aside off the heat.
- Chicken and Broccoli - To a large skillet, add the oil, chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is 90% cooked through; stir and flip intermittently so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Push chicken to one side of the skillet and add the broccoli to the other side (it looks like a ton but it shrinks in volume by nearly half), and season the broccoli with salt and pepper.
- Add about half of the sauce, mostly over the chicken, and add a few tablespoons over the broccoli (you will not use all the sauce and will have some leftover), cover skillet, turn the heat to medium-low, and allow the broccoli to steam for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until as crisp-tender as desired.
- Uncover skillet, and if desired, add more sauce to either the chicken or broccoli, and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days; extra sauce will keep airtight in the fridge for at least 7 to 10 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1233mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 16gSugar: 20gProtein: 66g
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Fast, easy, gluten-free recipes on the skinnier side! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights!
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Easy dinners that are ready in a flash and perfect for busy weeknights! Delish, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
15-Minute Skillet Sesame Chicken with Broccoli – Healthier sesame chicken that isn’t breaded or fried! You won’t miss the fat or calories in this fast and easy version that’s loaded with Asian-inspired flavors! You can happily skip takeout now!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.