Calling all chocolaholics, meet your new best friend.
Rich fudgy brownies layered with Nutella, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and hot fudge.
The one-bowl, no-mixer brownies are ridiculously fast and easy to make. The best kind of dessert.
They happen to be gluten-free, butter-free, and egg-free but you’d never know it based on how decadent they taste. They’re perfectly dense in the center while the top and edges get slightly crackly.
I used Pamela’s Products Chocolate Brownie Mix and the package directions list options based on if you prefer original-tasting, cakey, or fudgy brownies.
I chose fudgy and all I needed to add was water and oil, no egg required.
I stirred together the batter and transferred most of it into my baking pan, added Nutella, chocolate chips, topped with the remaining batter, and baked. After baking I couldn’t resist drizzling on 10-Minute Homemade Hot Fudge.
I brought the brownies to a party and one of the guests was thrilled because she’s gluten-free and everyone else at the party devoured them and most people had no idea they were gluten-free. Too consumed by all the chocolate to notice.
My daughter said these were some of the best brownies I’ve made in ages.
It’s always the easiest recipes that get the highest marks.
Pin This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang and spray with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the brownie mix, oil, water, and stir to combine; don’t overmix.
- Turn all but 1/2 cup batter out into the pan, smoothing the batter with a spatula as needed; reserve remaining batter.
- Evenly drizzle the Nutella over brownie batter in pan, lightly smoothing with a spatula as needed. Tip – Make drizzling and spreading the Nutella easier by microwaving it for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips.
- Evenly dollop the remaining 1/2 cup brownie batter over the chocolate chips, lightly smoothing with a spatula as needed. Note that remaining batter won’t completely cover the surface and there will be ‘bare patches’ with exposed Nutella and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until edges have set and center is no longer overly glossy or wet-looking. The toothpick test is very unreliable because you’ll likely hit chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or Nutella, making the toothpick look wet even though brownies are done. I err on the side of under-done than over-done and 25 minutes in my oven allowed for very fudgy, gooey brownies. If you prefer more well done brownies, bake a bit longer. The brownies firm up quite a bit as they cool.
- Allow brownies to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before drizzling with hot fudge, slicing, and serving. Brownies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Flourless PB & Chocolate Fudgy Brownies (GF) – No flour, no problem! Chocolate and PB are all you need for super fudgy brownies!
Fudgy Nutella Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting – I love this, easy, stir-together, supremely fudgy brownie base so much that I used it in two of my cookbooks!
Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins (GF) – No refined sugar, flour, oil & only 75 calories! They taste amazing!
The Best Turtle Brownies – Super fudgy and loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel! So.crazy.good!
Chocolate Coconut Mounds Bar Brownies – Like eating a Mounds candy bar that’s on top of rich, fudgy brownies!! Easy and oh so good!
Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (GF) – The easiest bars ever and no one will ever guess it!
Andes Mint Brownies – Super fudgy brownies loaded with Andes! Chocolate + mint is the best! Meet your new favorite brownies and so easy!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer brownies with a full-size PB cup in every brownie!
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of cream cheese and tons of Oreos! They’ll be your new favorites!
Smores Brownie Pie – No campfire? No problem! Fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs!
Salted Caramel Pretzel-Topped Fudgy Brownies – Super fudgy scratch brownies as easy as a mix and the salty-and-sweet combo is irresistible!
Homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – A dead ringer for the real thing and just so good!
Post is brought to you by Pamela’s Products. The recipes, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.