Mississippi Mud Pie Bars
Mississippi Mud Pie Bars – An EASY, almost no-bake dessert with a chocolate chip cookie base, chocolate pudding, sweetened cream cheese, Oreos, and hot fudge!! RICH, decadent, indulgent, and a great party dessert that you can MAKE-AHEAD!!
What Are The Layers In The Mississippi Mud Pie Bars?
This is such an easy dessert and aside from the cookie dough layer which is baked for 10 minutes, the rest of this is a no-bake dessert. Music to my ears.
You can even assemble it the day before if you’re serving it for a party or event.
From the base to the top, there layers are:
- Refrigerated Cookie Dough + Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Pudding
- Cream Cheese + Cool Whip + Oreos
- More Oreos
- Hot Fudge
If you live in the United States, every ingredient in the recipe will be very easy to find at any grocery store.
If you don’t live in the U.S. you may struggle with finding ingredients and since I have not tried to make scratch versions of each ingredient, to then use as components of this dessert, I cannot give guidance.
In that situation, I would advise to just move on and select any other dessert in my archives. If you’re looking for something rich, chocolaty, and amazing, I recommend any of these 15 Homemade Best Brownie Recipes.
How Do The Mississippi Mud Pie Bars Taste?
Because I slightly underbaked the chocolate cookie layer, it’s so fudgy and rich, and the chocolate pudding makes it even more indulgent-tasting.
The tangy-sweet cream cheese is a great counterbalance to the richness of all that chocolate.
The crunch of the Oreos, in contrast to the silky smoothness of the other layers, is what will keep you going back for more. Long after you’re full, it’s the type of dessert you just want one more bite of.
But because it is so rich, and makes a 9×13-inch pan, it’s a dessert that feeds a crowd and is perfect for picnics, parties, potlucks, and get-togethers.
- one 16.25-ounce tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, very well softened to room temp
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- one 3.9-ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk (must use cow's milk, alternative milks will not allow the pudding to set up)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, very well softened to room temp
- one 7-ounce container marshmallow creme or marshmallow fluff
- one 8-ounce container Cool Whip (I recommend using full-fat)
- 32 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped; divided
- 1/3 cup hot fudge, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9x-13-inch pan with foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the cookie dough, cocoa powder, and with a large spoon, mix the cocoa powder into the cookie dough. It will take a bit of time but it will fully incorporate. Tip - This task will be MUCH easier if your cookie dough is extremely soft.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, noting you may not quite have complete full dough coverage and it may be skimpy in parts, which is fine because it will bake together in the oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just set; don't overbake. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- While cookie crust is cooling, to the same large bowl (just wipe it out with a paper towel), add the pudding mix, milk, and beat on high speed with a handheld electric mixer for about 2 minutes, or until pudding begins to thicken.
- Evenly spread the pudding over the cookie crust; set aside.
- To the same large bowl (wipe it out with a paper towel), add the cream cheese and beat with a handheld electric mixer to soften and fluff it, about 15 seconds. Tip - This task will be MUCH easier if your cream cheese is extremely soft.
- Add the marshmallow creme and beat to combine.
- Add the Cool Whip and beat to combine.
- Add half of the Oreos and stir gently by hand to combine. Evenly turn mixture out over the chocolate pudding layer in the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining half of the Oreos.
- Cover pan and place it in the fridge to chill and set up for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, evenly drizzle the hot fudge, and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
Oreo Brownie Lush – A rich and decadent dessert with fudgy brownies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and Oreo cookies!! EASY, great for parties, and it’s a chocoholics dream!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Chocolate Lasagna – A chocolate chip cookie base topped with cream cheese, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and mini chocolate chips!! An EASY layered dessert that tastes so AMAZING!!
Loaded Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Ultra fudgy brownies topped with cream cheese, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, and Oreos! Loaded to the max and so good! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s as easy as using a mix!
Fudge Ripple Brownies – Forget fudge ripple ice cream and try on of these EASY, decadent, and AMAZING brownies instead!! They’re topped with a cream cheese-white chocolate pudding-whipped topping layer and chocolate sauce RIPPLES!!
One-Minute Microwave Brownie — When chocolate cravings strike, make this EASY brownie recipe in one bowl, without a mixer, and it’s ready in ONE MINUTE!! Rich, FUDGY, decadent, and accidentally vegan!! (no dairy, no butter, no eggs!)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars — Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter cream cheese filling!! Easy, almost no-bake, and beyond amazing! Lives up to their dreamy name!
Chocolate Candy Bar Icebox Cake — Easy frozen dessert with graham crackers, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, chocolate chips, peanut butter cups and Snickers! Perfect for when you don’t want to turn on your oven!
Boston Cream Icebox Cake — Boston cream PIE meets an ECLAIR in an easy no-mixer, no-bake dessert! Vanilla pudding, whipped topping, graham crackers, and lots of chocolate! Perfect for parties or anytime you don’t want to turn on your oven!