One-Bag Lemon Chicken and Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links.
One-Bag Lemon Chicken and Pasta – An EASY lemon chicken and pasta recipe that’s family-friendly and perfect for busy weeknights!! Everything cooks in ONE bag! The chicken is juicy, the pasta is tender, and cleanup is a breeze!!
But have you heard of a one-bag recipe? This is my first but it won’t be my last.
Thanks to Reynolds® Large Oven Bags this is such an easy recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. The chicken is wonderfully juicy and moist, the pasta is perfectly al dente, and everything is infused with lovely lemon flavor.
Reynolds Oven Bags are the easy way to make tastier, juicier meals every time. Use the Large Size Oven Bags for meats and poultry up to 8 pounds. The bag traps in moisture and natural juices to keep food from drying out so it comes out juicy and tender every time.
I just opened the bag, added a tablespoon of flour to prevent it from bursting in the oven, added dry uncooked pasta, raw chicken cut into bite-sized pieces, along with lemon slices, lemon juice, olive oil, water, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Close the bag using the nylon tie provided, place it on a baking tray or roasting pan, cut 6 small slits in the bag for steam to escape, and bake. So easy.
This is a family-friendly recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights and cleanup is an absolute breeze.
Just toss the bag when you’re finished. No pan to scrub, love it.
- one Reynolds® Large Oven Bag
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta (I used rotini; bowtie, ziti, small shells, etc. are recommended)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (Italian or flat-leaf), finely minced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Open oven bag, add 1 tablespoon flour, pinch with your fingers to seal, and shake to distribute.
- Add the pasta, chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon slices, salt, pepper, thyme, water, and seal bag with nylon closure about 3 inches from the top.
- Place bag on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan and cut six 1/2-inch slits for steam to escape. Make sure you cut near the top of the bag so you water, oil, etc. doesn't leak.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until pasta is al dente and chicken is cooked through.
- Place bag in the sink and using hot mitts and with caution, squeeze out excess liquid through the steam slits.
- Gently rip bag open enough to add the parsley, stir to combine, taste, and if desired add more salt or pepper, optional Parmesan cheese, and serve. Dish is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 1184mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g
Easy Lemon Chicken with Caramelized Lemons – If you like lemons you’re going to love this very lemony lemon chicken! Easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and bursting with bold lemon flavor!
Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll love the tangy-sweet flavor! A healthy weeknight dinner for those busy nights!
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Juicy chicken with a honey lemon glaze that’s tangy-sweet and so good! Healthy, fast, so easy, and cleanup is a breeze!
Easy Honey Mustard Chicken – Soft, juicy chicken tenders coated with the best honey mustard! Ready in 20 minutes, a family favorite, and a perfect addition to your weeknight dinner rotation!
Post is brought to you by Reynolds®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.