Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables — An EASY, one-pan recipe the whole family will love!! Seasoned crisp-tender veggies, juicy sausage, and Parmesan cheese for the DELISH dinnertime WIN!!
This post is brought to you by Butterball.
Sheet Pan Smoked Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
If you’re like me, there are many nights that figuring out what to make for dinner seems like a daunting mystery. I’m always thinking to myself that I want to make something new, something the whole family will enjoy, something that’s easy and affordable while still being healthy yet tasty.
With this easy sheet pan sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe that’s ready in under an hour, the what-to-make mystery is solved. It checks all of the boxes above.
This sheet pan dinner recipe takes advantage of lean, protein-packed Butterball Everyday Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage. The sausage is already cooked and getting this meal on the table is as easy as slicing the sausage, chopping the vegetables, and throwing it all on a sheet pan. Line your pan with foil so that cleanup is a breeze.
My family loves turkey and Butterball calls people like us Turketarians – people who believe that if you aren’t eating turkey, you’re missing out. Turkey is part of a healthy lifestyle so don’t save your turkey eating for just the holidays when you can have it year round.
The veggies develop great flavor because they’re not only seasoned with onion flakes, oregano, parsley, and rosemary but because the sausage is smoked, it also lightly perfumes the veggies with a mild smoky flavor.
Put this on your easy weeknight dinner rotation. Your Turketarian friends and family will love how good it tastes!
What’s in Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables?
To make this smoked turkey sausage recipe, you’ll need:
- Butterball Everyday Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potato
- Broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
Line a baking sheet with foil, then add sliced sausage and diced veggies on top. Drizzle with olive oil and season with dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
Bake until the vegetables are tender and have as much color as desired, tossing halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
Just before serving, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan.
I have a helpful video to show you just how to make this easy recipe.
Can I Use Frozen Vegetables?
No, you must use fresh vegetables in this smoked turkey sausage recipe.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables
I used vegetables that are fall-inspired, like sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, along with zucchini and broccoli, but you can also use bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, green beans, or whatever you have in your produce drawer or that your family loves.
One important tip is to dice your sweet potatoes quite small, no more than 1/2-inch in size, so they cook through in the time it takes the rest of the vegetables to cook through. The same goes for the Brussels sprouts — if you have extra large ones, I would quarter them rather than just halving them.
And don’t forget the cheese! A sprinkle with Parmesan cheese adds a finishing touch for a savory, salty pop.
- one 13-ounce Butterball Everyday Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- about 12 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium/large zucchini, trimmed and diced into half-moons
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, and add the sausage, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli, and evenly drizzle with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle with the onion flakes, parsley, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands to evenly coat and distribute seasonings.
- Scatter vegetables in a flat layer and not piled on top of each other; it’s okay if your baking sheet is very crowded because the vegetables do shrink as they cook.
- Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and have as much color as desired; toss halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Start checking at 40 minutes for doneness since all ovens, veggies, etc. vary.
- Optionally sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
- Dish is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Adapted from Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 1855mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g
More Sheet Pan Dinners:
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables — Fast, easy, one pan recipe that’s full of flavor! Juicy sausage, lots of veggies, and a dusting of Parmesan cheese to finish it off! Put it into your regular rotation!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli — EASY, HEALTHIER than going out for Chinese because it’s baked, and FASTER than calling for takeout!! So much FLAVOR in this family favorite! It’ll go into your regular rotation!!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY whole roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon — Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s EASY and tastes BETTER than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much FLAVOR!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple — Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
Sheet Pan Jambalaya – The EASIEST and BEST recipe for jambalaya you’ll ever taste that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Juicy sausage and shrimp with tender rice and the PERFECT amount of kick will keep you going back for more!!
Make sure to visit Butterball.com and on their social media for special savings, recipe ideas, and giveaways. Post is brought to you by Butterball. The recipe, images, video, text, and opinions expressed are my own.