15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
I love sheet pan dinners because I’m all about easy, tasty, flavorful meals that are ready in 15 minutes like this one. The chicken is tender and juicy and infused with lovely lemon flavor from both lemon slices that are nestled underneath and from the lemon pepper that’s sprinkled on top.
It’s also a skinny dinner. Bonus points for that during swimsuit season. Lean protein, veggies, and it’s naturally gluten-free, score.
Because the recipe is made on a sheet pan, cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil. The less dishes I have to do on busy weeknights, the happier I am.
The school year is here and these are the types of family-friendly weeknight dinners that save my butt.
What’s in Lemon Pepper Chicken?
To make this easy chicken sheet pan dinner, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh green beans
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning blend
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place lemon slices on top. Add the diced chicken and veggies to the baking sheet, then season and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake the lemon pepper chicken for about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through to ensure even cooking.
The exact cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken, so check early and often so you don’t overcook the chicken which dries it out.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, boneless skinless chicken thighs should work in place of the chicken breasts.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken
I used green beans and red onions because the beans are seasonal and I had a red onion on hand. The green beans are perfectly crisp-tender, which is just the way I like them.
But you can switch that up and you can mix and match based on what your family enjoys. Try broccoli, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, mushrooms, or go with pineapple like I did in this teriyaki version.
To keep this a skinnier meal and allow the lemon pepper flavor to shine through more strongly, I held off an adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, a spoonful of minced garlic, or a drizzle of soy sauce or chili garlic sauce, but they would all be great if you choose.
- 1 large lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 of one large or 1 medium red onion, sliced into strips or small chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly ground lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- optionally finish with Parmesan cheese, garlic, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, and add the lemon slices evenly dispersed around the baking sheet.
- Add the chicken, green beans, onions, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly season with lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have some golden color.
- Toss the chicken and vegetables (leave the lemon slices on the bottom) halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken and being that this is quite a hot oven, check early and often so you don’t overcook the chicken which dries it out.
- Optionally garnish with fresh parsley and finish with any of the optionally suggested items.
- Recipe is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Adapted from Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1357mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 48g
More Easy Chicken Dinners:
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – EASY dinners that are ready in a flash and PERFECT for busy weeknights! DELISH, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – FAST, easy, gluten-free recipes on the SKINNIER side!! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much FLAVOR! Perfect for busy weeknights and there’s more than than just salads!!
Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables – An easy sheet pan chicken dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes! Bonus that it’s skinny and has so much flavor from the lemon pepper!
Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken — Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
Sheet Pan Honey Horseradish Chicken and Asparagus – The perfect balance of sweet honey with spicy horseradish in this easy, healthy recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes! Juicy chicken with crisp-tender asparagus for the win!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.