15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
I love sheet pan dinners because I’m all about easy, tasty, flavorful meals that are ready in 15 minutes like this one.
The chicken is tender and juicy and infused with lovely lemon flavor from both lemon slices that are nestled underneath and from the lemon pepper that’s sprinkled on top.
It’s also a skinny dinner. Bonus points for that during swimsuit season. Lean protein, veggies, and it’s naturally gluten-free, score.
Because the recipe is made on a sheet pan, cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil. The less dishes I have to do on busy weeknights, the happier I am!
The school year is here and these are the types of family-friendly weeknight dinners that save me.
Lemon Pepper Lover?
For those who can’t get enough lemon pepper, try this 15 Minute Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta recipe!
Or this Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables recipe for another easy sheet pan dinner recipe idea.
What’s in Lemon Pepper Chicken?
To make this easy chicken sheet pan dinner, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh green beans
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning blend
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place lemon slices on top.
- Add the diced chicken and veggies to the baking sheet, then season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the lemon pepper chicken for about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through to ensure even cooking.
The exact cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken, so check early and often so you don’t overcook the chicken because you don’t want to dry it out.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, boneless skinless chicken thighs should work in place of the chicken breasts.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken
Veggie Options – I used green beans and red onions because the beans are seasonal and I had a red onion on hand. The green beans are perfectly crisp-tender, which is just the way I like them.
But you can switch that up and you can mix and match based on what your family enjoys.
Try broccoli, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, or go with pineapple like I did in this teriyaki version.
Flavor Amplifications – To keep this a skinnier meal and allow the lemon pepper flavor to shine through more strongly, I held off an adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese but it would be great!
So would a spoonful of minced garlic, or a drizzle of soy sauce or chili garlic sauce if you choose.
Pin This Recipe
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken
Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great flavor!! A DELISH one-pan lemon pepper chicken with zero cleanup that's perfect for busy weeknights!!
- 1 large lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 of one large or 1 medium red onion, sliced into strips or small chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- optionally finish with Parmesan cheese, garlic, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, and add the lemon slices evenly dispersed around the baking sheet.
- Add the chicken, green beans, onions, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly season with lemon pepper, salt, pepper, and bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have some golden color.
- Toss the chicken and vegetables (leave the lemon slices on the bottom) halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken and being that this is quite a hot oven, check early and often so you don’t overcook the chicken which dries it out.
- Optionally garnish with fresh parsley and finish with any of the optionally suggested items.
- Recipe is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Adapted from Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1357mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 48g
More Easy Chicken Dinners:
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – EASY dinners that are ready in a flash and PERFECT for busy weeknights! DELISH, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – FAST, easy, gluten-free recipes on the SKINNIER side!! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much FLAVOR! Perfect for busy weeknights and there’s more than than just salads!!
Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables – An easy sheet pan chicken dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes! Bonus that it’s skinny and has so much flavor from the lemon pepper!
Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken — Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
Sheet Pan Honey Horseradish Chicken and Asparagus – The perfect balance of sweet honey with spicy horseradish in this easy, healthy recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes! Juicy chicken with crisp-tender asparagus for the win!
Sheet Pan Orange Ginger Chicken and Vegetables — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great orange ginger flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables – An EASY Indian-inspired meal that’s ready in 30 minutes, made on ONE pan, and great for meal prep or busy weeknights!
Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes — An EASY dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes and made on ONE pan with so much FLAVOR!! The salsa keeps the chicken so juicy for a winner-winner-chicken-dinner that’s perfect for busy nights!!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
Originally posted September 10, 2018 and republished April 14, 2023 with updated text.
I am making this sometime this week. Thinking of adding the oil in a glass bowl with some lemon pepper and stir the meat and vegetables in the bowl for a more even oil coverage, then smear a little oil on the foil that I use to cover the baking pan. After spreading the products on the pan I will add the lemon and a little more lemon pepper on top and bake
MAde the lemon pepper sheet pan chicken last night.Added some blanched Brussel sprouts and broccoli.Super easy to make, no clean up really.Kids loved it.Served with a side of penne.Big time winnerThank you
Thanks for the 5 star review and I am glad your kids loved it and that it was easy for you to make!
This was delicious! I gave it 5 stars because it tastes fantastic, it really is quick & easy and the recipe works great. Generally I’m cooking for a hungry family waiting on dinner, so dud recipes are the bane of my existence. Glad to report this is not one of them! Thank you – definitely putting this in the rotation.
Thanks for the five star review and I am glad that this was a hit with the family and I hear you – who wants to be scrambling to get dinner on the table only to have your hungry eaters not enjoy it. That is the bane of my existence too!
This was delicious! I added an orange pepper, a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes and Parmesan at the end and served with rice pilaf. So good! Thank you!
Thanks for the 5 star review and glad it was delicious for you! I’m sure the orange and red pepper flakes and the Parm made it extra special!
This was so tasty!
I’m glad this turned out really tasty for you!
This looks AMAZING! Totally making this for dinner tonight!
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it!
So bright and colorful!! Love lemon pepper flavors :)
Thank you! I made it earlier in the summer when I was thinking more bright and vibrant but that never goes out of season :)
Looks delicious! I love lemon pepper on chicken and green beans…and some parmesan or maybe even feta sounds wonderful too.
Lemon pepper is so nice and flavorful without being ‘too much’. Have a great week!