Lemon Pepper Basil Chicken and Pasta
Lemon Pepper Basil Chicken and Pasta – EASY and ready in 15 minutes with comforting pasta, juicy chicken, and there is so much ZESTY flavor from the lemon, basil, and spinach!! A family favorite that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
How To Make Lemon Pepper Basil Chicken and Pasta
This recipe is as simple as boiling pasta and while it cooks, to a separate skillet add bite-sized pieces of chicken breast and season it with lemon pepper, garlic, and lemon juice before adding fresh baby spinach.
Combine the cooked pasta, chicken, spinach, add fresh fragrant basil, and get ready to serve.
So fast, easy, ready in minutes, and full of robust lemon flavor which complements the basil perfectly.
Optional Serving Ideas
If you are a true lemon fanatic like my daughter, add a bit of lemon zest at the end. In addition to the lemon pepper and lemon juice, this really takes the lemon flavor over the top, but I recommend this only if you’re really into lemony things.
If you want to take this into a cheesy realm, add freshly grated Parmesan cheese at the end. I didn’t but I know it would take this lighter comfort food recipe squarely into pure comfort food territory. Do as your waistline prefers.
This is a guaranteed family favorite that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Who can say no to al dente pasta, juicy chicken, and all that lemon peppery and basil goodness.
- 1 pound rotini, cooked according to package directions (small shells, wheels, bowtie, penne, or small-shaped pasta may be substituted)
- 1.25 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced, or to taste
- To a large pot, boil the pasta according to package directions; drain and return to the large pot.
- While pasta cooks, to a separate large skillet, add the chicken, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, evenly season with lemon pepper, salt, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, or until fragrant. Stir nearly constantly.
- Add the lemon juice, half the spinach, stir to combine, and cover skillet with a lid for about 2 minutes to encourage spinach to wilt.
- Add the remaining half of the spinach, and stir to combine until wilted.
- Add the chicken, spinach, and all cooking juices to the pot with the cooked pasta, and stir to combine.
- Add the basil, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and stir to combine. Serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
1. Optionally stir in about 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon zest for extra lemon flavor at the end.
2. Optionally add about 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese at the end.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 748mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 35g
Honey Lemon Chicken Pasta – Ready in 20 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal! Pair with a simple salad or veggies and extra lemon wedges to amp up the lemon flavor. Your family will love this easy pasta recipe!
Lemon Basil Orzo and Vegetables – An EASY vegan recipe ready in 30 minutes that makes it easy to eat your veggies while enjoying the comforts of pasta, too!! The lemon and basil make the dish taste fresh and light!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken – Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Greek Lemon Chicken and Orzo – EASY, ready in 25 minutes, and feeds a crowd!! Juicy lemon chicken with orzo, fresh spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes make this a dinnertime WINNER! Great for parties, picnics, and potlucks!!
One-Bag Lemon Chicken and Pasta – An EASY lemon chicken and pasta recipe that’s family-friendly and perfect for busy weeknights!! Everything cooks in ONE bag! The chicken is juicy, the pasta is tender, and cleanup is a breeze!!
Chicken Orzo Salad – Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette!! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!!
Skinny Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – EASY, ready in 30 minutes, feeds a crowd, and is on the SKINNY side!! Juicy chicken, fresh veggies, and the pasta are tossed in a light and tangy homemade Italian lemon vinaigrette!!