Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes
Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes – An EASY dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes and made on ONE pan with so much FLAVOR!! The salsa keeps the chicken so juicy for a winner-winner-chicken-dinner that’s perfect for busy nights!!
How Does Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes Taste?
I’ve never met a sheet pan meal I didn’t love. One pan, cleanup is a breeze, and this sheet pan meal is ready in 30 minutes.
There’s tons of flavor from the salsa and it helps keep the chicken perfectly moist and juicy.
The potatoes are soft and the crisp-tender crunch from the bell peppers is a perfect contrast.
How To Make Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes
To a sheet pan, add halved or quartered baby Yukon gold potatoes and roast them for 15 minutes. The potatoes take longer to cook through than the chicken and peppers so they need a head start.
Remove the pan from the oven, add the chicken, peppers, sprinkle with cumin, and evenly spoon salsa over everything before roasting for another 15 minutes.
Garnish with lime juice and cilantro if you wish and dig into this easy, family friendly sheet pan meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
What Kind Of Salsa To Use?
I used Trader Joe’s Organic Thick and Chunky Salsa and it’s considered to have a medium heat level. In quantity though, because I used 8 ounces of it, it had plenty of kick.
I suggest something on the thicker and chunkier side like I used so it clings to the food rather than dripping right off which is what will happen if the consistency of the salsa is too thin.
Use something as mild or hot and wild as your taste buds can handle. You can also branch out into salsa verde territory, too.
What Kind Of Potatoes To Use?
While you could use regular-sized potatoes, baby Yukon golds are so fast and convenient to chop – either just halve the smaller ones or quarter the slightly biggers ones. Keeping everything in bite-sized pieces is important and allows the potatoes and chicken to finish cooking through at the same time.
You want a potato that’s good for roasting and that the salsa will complement, which is why I went with Yukon gold, but use your favorite spuds.
You could use sweet potatoes if that’s more your speed. I’ve never met a roasted sweet potato I didn’t love.
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced into bite-sized strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces salsa (I used Trader Joe's Organic Thick and Chunky Salsa and recommend something on the thicker and chunkier side)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, optional and to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cilantro, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F (if you have convection, use it), line a baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup, add the potatoes, evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, arrange the potatoes so the cut side is face down, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the chicken, red peppers, evenly drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, evenly sprinkle with the cumin, salt, pepper, and toss with a spatula to evenly coat all ingredients. Position potatoes so the cut side is now face up which will make it easier for the salsa to adhere.
- Evenly spoon the salsa over all ingredients, return sheet pan to the oven, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender and the chicken is done and cooked through.
- Optionally, evenly drizzle with lime juice and optionally sprinkle with cilantro before serving. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1050mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 48g
Favorite Sheet Pan Recipes
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chicken – EASY, HEALTHY, and a great way to enjoy roasted sweet potatoes in less time!! A DELISH one-pan juicy chicken dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes with zero cleanup!!
Sheet Pan Ginger Orange Chicken and Vegetables – Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great orange ginger flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken – Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Sweet Chili Roasted Chicken and Vegetables – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, made on ONE sheet pan, and perfect for busy weeknights!! Accidentally healthy yet packed with the perfect flavor balance – a little bit sweet with a little bit of heat!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple – Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor!! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup!!
Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables – An EASY sheet pan chicken dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes!! Bonus that it’s SKINNY and has so much FLAVOR from the lemon pepper!!
Harvest Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas – Fast, easy, HEALTHY, and a great recipe to try as a meatless main or as a satisfying plant-based lunch!! So much FLAVOR in the veggies from the spices and the chickpeas turn crispy!!