Sweet Chili Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken and Vegetables — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, made on ONE sheet pan, and perfect for busy weeknights!! Accidentally healthy yet packed with the perfect flavor balance – a little bit sweet with a little bit of heat!!
Sheet Pan Sweet Chili Chicken and Veggies
I love that this recipe is made on one pan and since I always line my pans with foil, cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil.
The recipe is naturally gluten free, healthy, yet filling from the veggies. You can always serve it with rice or another grain if that’s what you prefer.
Otherwise, enjoy the sweet chili sauce chicken and veggies as is! Love when I can prep an entire meal on one pan, and in less than 30 minutes.
What’s in the Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken and Veggies?
To make this easy sheet pan chicken and vegetables recipe, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Sweet chili sauce
Where Can I Buy Sweet Chili Sauce?
If you have a Trader Joe’s in your area, their Sweet Chili Sauce is a slam dunk winner. Or order it on Amazon if that’s easier for you. It’s sweet, with a bit of heat from the chilis but it’s not overly spicy. There is plenty of garlic in it, too.
Otherwise check out this Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce. It’s similar to the TJ’s sauce, but the bottle is only about half the size and since I am a sauce girl all the way, I would need two bottles of this brand for this recipe versus one bottle of TJ’s.
I used three-quarters of a 10.1-ounce bottle before baking, and drizzled on the remainder after baking.
How to Make Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken and Veggies
This sweet chili sauce chicken recipe is so quick and easy to throw together!
- Simply add diced boneless chicken breast pieces to a sheet pan along with your favorite vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sweet chili sauce, roast for 15 minutes, and dinner is served!
- Serve with brown or white rice, if desired. Cauliflower rice would be another great option.
Can I Use Other Veggies in This Recipe?
Of course! I used broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots since I almost always have them on hand. Use whatever you and your family enjoy, or whatever vegetables you’re needing to use up from your crisper drawer.
Some other vegetable suggestions include:
- Brussels sprouts
- Baby Bok Choy
- Yellow or Red Onion
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sweet Potatoes/Yams/Baby Red Potatoes/Butternut or Acorn Squash
Tip: If you choose to go with potatoes or squash, make sure to chop them smaller than the other veggies and give them a 10 minute head-start in the oven on their own before adding the chicken + other vegetables since they take longer to cook.
Tips for Making Sweet Chili Chicken
Make sure to dice your veggies (or florets) all approximately the same size so everything cooks at the same rate. I dice them approximately the same size as the chicken pieces, about 1 to 1.5-inches, or just a nice bite-sized piece. We don’t have to get a ruler out here.
I prefer my vegetables crisp-tender but if you like them more well done, roast slightly longer than I did. Just be careful not to overbake or the chicken will dry out.
If you are lucky enough to have a convection oven but find yourself not using it much, this is a great recipe to use convection. My dish was ready in 14 minutes and cooked perfectly.
If you are baking it in a conventional oven, it could take a bit longer, about 15-20 minutes, but since all ovens and food varies, watch your food and not the clock.
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds on the bias
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 10-ounces sweet chili sauce, or as desired; divided
- Preheat oven to 425F. If you have a convection oven, use it; if not a conventional oven is fine.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup and to it add the chicken, vegetables, evenly drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper, evenly drizzle with 3/4 of the chili sauce, toss with your hands to combine, and roast for about 14-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. If baking in a conventional oven, you may need to bake slightly longer, 17-18 minutes, but watch your food and not the clock.
- Evenly drizzle with the remaining chili sauce, if desired, and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 49g
More Sheet Pan Chicken Dinners:
Sheet Pan Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken — Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chicken – EASY, HEALTHY, and a great way to enjoy roasted sweet potatoes in less time!! A DELISH one-pan juicy chicken dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes with zero cleanup!!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken – Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables — The chicken and vegetables marinate in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and dried onion. You can mix and match the vegetables based on what your family likes!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY whole roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
25-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY whole roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
Sheet Pan Orange Ginger Chicken — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great orange ginger flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.