This post may contain affiliate links.
Here’s my roundup of Thursday Things for the week:
1. It’s a very special day today. See #10 below after you’ve read 1 through 9, of course.
3. National Food Holiday list. You know you’re a food blogger or read too many food blogs when you actually look forward to National Peanut Butter Day or National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day (April 20) and you create, cook, plan, and post certain recipes on certain days.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) were timed with National Peanut Butter Day. Geek central, right?
4. Have a question about anything photography related?
I also linked this up in my own Photography Section where I discuss everything from my camera bodies, to lenses, camera bags and gear reviews, editing programs, and food styling tips.
5. When I made the Sweet Potato Graham Cracker “French Toast” Sticks, I mentioned that sometimes the strangest looking food tastes the best.
Here’s 10 strange looking foods, straight from nature to your table.
Hopefully the Buddha’s Hands won’t scare the children. Or the husbands.
6. I upgraded my computer operating system with OS X Lion. My timing is impeccable because the $29.99 upgrade is free if you bought your computer after July 21, 2011.
I bought my computer on July 20, 2011 so I’m 30 smackers lighter. Oh well.
As for Lion, I have no idea about the “benefits” or why it will make my life better, but hey, I’m up to date now. Just in time for Octopus or Zebra or whatever the next operating system they’ll announce will be to come out and render Lion old news.
7. I upgraded to Lion because I wanted to try the PicFrame app so I could “write” on my photos. So after buying Lion because it was necessary in order to install PicFrame, I realized that you can’t “write” on images anyway. Or, if you can, I haven’t figured it out.
PicFrame was only a buck and is a cool app and I’m sure I’ll use it to
fritter time away on photography projects make photography collages.
8. After buying things for my computer that I may or may not need, I went to the mall I bought something I did “need”. More Victoria’s Secret Bombshell.
They have a new limited edition Bombshell, Bombshell In Love, but I was on the fence about the limited edition version and stuck with the tried and true.
9. These are tried and true, also.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)
10. I gave birth 5 years ago today. I can’t believe she’s five years old.
I could talk about parenthood, motherhood, how amazing she is, how much I love her more than I ever knew was possible, how I can’t believe how fast time has gone the past five years, how my life before her doesn’t even feel like it was real and that it wasn’t complete and that it’s a foggy memory; and that in just over a decade she’ll be getting ready to go out in the world on her own, which I shudder to think about her leaving the nest. I’ve been crying Hallmark tears on and off all day today, thinking about this special day. My baby is 5.
She’s my world, my everything; that I love her so very much, I don’t know where to begin so I’ll simply say, Happy Birthday Skylar. I love you.
On the beach in Aruba a few weeks ago. Four going on 14, but she’s 5 now!
What are your Thursday Things?
Anything new, exciting, noteworthy, or fun that you’ve eaten or seen this week?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.