Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie

I love sweet, fruity smoothies. They’re so refreshing and go down quickly and easily.

But they can be sugar minefields and many clock in with stats that should make them meals, not snacks.

Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) - No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!

Luckily this version has no added sugar and won’t derail your diet.

It’s make with just three (real) ingredients: strawberries, bananas, and pineapple juice.

Naturally vegan, gluten-free, no added sugar, and healthy.

Strawberries and bananas are such a great combo. I grew up with good old-fashioned strawberry-banana yogurt and it was my favorite.

The flavors in the smoothie remind me of all the brown bagged lunches of my childhood.

A splash of pineapple juice helps brighten the smoothie and gives it a subtle tropical vibe. If you don’t have pineapple juice, use orange juice, or another favorite. You just need something to help your blender get going.

I used frozen strawberries and previously frozen banana chunks. That way you don’t have to add ice which waters down the smoothie.

The riper the bananas, the sweeter they’ll be. When you see bundles of very ripe bananas on sale at your grocery store, snatch them up. Just peel them, break them into 2-inch chunks, throw them into a Ziplock, and that’s your smoothie stash. Or your banana bread stash. I have 45+ banana recipes and hoard ripe ones in the freezer for smoothiesmuffins, and quickbreads.

Bananas are instrumental in smoothies because they add creaminess, without adding milk or yogurt, and bananas add fullness. The longer you blend, the fluffier the smoothie gets thanks to bananas.

The recipe makes two smoothies. One for you, and one to share.

Or one now, and one later if you freeze the leftovers.

Dirty the blender once, and drink twice is my motto.

But I doubt you’ll even want to save it for later. I sure didn’t.

Print Print Recipe

Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) - No Added Sugar

Smoothies are so refreshing and go down quickly and easily, but they can be sugar minefields and many have stats that should make them meals, not snacks. This version has no added sugar and won't derail your diet. Sweet strawberries, creamy bananas, and a splash of pineapple juice helps brighten the smoothie and gives it a subtle tropical vibe. If you don't have pineapple juice, use orange juice, or another favorite. It's vegan, gluten-free, healthy and the recipe makes two servings, one for now and one to share or to freeze for later.

Yield: about 20 ounces, serves 2

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Cook Time: 0 minutes

Total Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:

8 ounces strawberries (about 2 cups, I used whole, frozen berries)
2 medium ripe bananas, peeled (previously frozen into chunks is ideal)
about 1 cup pineapple juice, or as necessary (substitute with orange juice or your favorite juice medley)

Directions:

1. To the canister of a blender, add the strawberries, bananas, and about 1/2 cup juice. Add enough juice only as necessary to get blender moving and until desired smoothie consistency is reached.
  2. Blend on high power until smooth and creamy. The longer you blend, the fluffier the mixture tends to become due to the bananas.
  3. Pour mixture into 2 glasses and serve immediately. Extra portion will keep airtight in the freezer for up to 1 month (cover a freezer-safe glass with plasticwrap or place inside a ziplock to prevent freezer smells). Allow to come up to room temp for about 30 minutes before serving.

Related Recipes

Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Like a strawberry milkshake but healthier! Sweet, creamy & satisfying!

Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) - Like a strawberry milkshake but healthier! Sweet, creamy & satisfying!

Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free) – Under 100 Calories

Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free) - Under 100 Calories - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

Pineapple Banana and Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing & healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough

Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) -  Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing & healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough.

Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Taking your Vitamin C never tasted so good

Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) - Work in extra Vit C with this smooth, creamy, easy & healthy smoothie!

Peaches and Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF)

Peaches and Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF)

Orange PushUp Smoothie – This was the Most Viewed Recipe my entire site in 2012. A smoothie that tastes just like an old-fashioned Push-Up! Sweet, creamy & will make you feel like a kid again

Orange Push-Up Smoothie (vegan, GF) - A smoothie that tastes just like an old-fashioned Push-Up! Sweet, creamy & will make you feel like a kid again!

Blueberry Pie Smoothie – A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie

Blueberry Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF) - A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie! So good!

Cherry Revitalizer Smoothie (vegan, GF) –  Gives you energy and leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized

Cherry Revitalizer Smoothie (vegan, GF) - Gives you energy and leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized!

5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic)

5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic) - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

Malibu Sunset

Malibu Sunset from Aruba - Fun, Fruity, Easy Drink Recipe & Island Pics at averiecooks.com

Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini – 100 calories

Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini (only 100 calories) averiecooks.com

Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria (vegan, GF)

Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria (vegan, GF)

Need banana recipes to use your ripe bananas? Here’s 45+

54 Responses to “Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie”

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 21, 2014 at 11:29 pm

What a gorgeous smoothie! And just what I need with Cabo around the corner – you know I go on my daily starbucks/donut runs which I really need to stop doing!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 21st, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Thank you! I was *hoping for* a decent shoot. Took a ton of pics to get a few keepers but hopefully they will do the trick :)

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — April 22, 2014 at 2:47 am

Oh man, I LOVE these photos – they are so girly and pretty! I am generally not a smoothie drinks to the whole “calories of a meal thing” so I am all over yours! Especially with strawberry and pineapple – perfect for Summer! Pinned :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 22nd, 2014 at 8:37 am

Thanks for pinning & cals of a meal – I know! I’d rather eat a brownie most times but this one isn’t bad at all :)

Paula — April 22, 2014 at 3:50 am

I love the color–pink with flecks of red…and I can imagine how good this would taste too! We are finally getting some warmer “smoothie” weather here. It’s been in the mid to high 70’s which may still seem cool to some, but it feels great compared to the long winter we had.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 22nd, 2014 at 8:36 am

Oh that’s downright tropical given the winter most of the country has had! Enjoy it!

Maryea {happy healthy mama} — April 22, 2014 at 4:02 am

Strawberry banana yogurt was my favorite growing up, too. I’m sure I would love this smoothie. :)

zerrin — April 22, 2014 at 4:23 am

This smoothie makes a perfect summer breakfast! The color is so lovely and attractive for kids too! Pinned!

Chloe — April 22, 2014 at 4:50 am

All your smoothies look amazing!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — April 22, 2014 at 5:13 am

This smoothie looks perfect! I can’t get enough of them when it gets hot outside. I made a VERY similar smoothie this past weekend–great minds think alike ;)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 22nd, 2014 at 8:35 am

Gosh I’ve been traveling and havent been up-to-date on everyone’s posts – missed that one of yours! I bet it was great!

Kitchen Belleicious — April 22, 2014 at 5:20 am

the color is spot on and I love the texture it has with the small bites of pulsed strawberries throughout! Looks great

Sarah@WholeAndHeavenlyOven — April 22, 2014 at 5:58 am

Oh my gosh this smoothie is mind-blowing GORGEOUS. I just love the pretty-pink color and the fruit combination you used. — Strawberries, banana, and pineapple sound like a fantastic smoothie combo! I could probably make a meal out of this smoothie. LOL ;) pinned.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 22nd, 2014 at 8:35 am

Thanks for pinning & the nice photography compliments!

Emma @ Life's A Runner — April 22, 2014 at 6:08 am

You are speaking my language! I have been craving smoothies NONSTOP lately and strawberry/banana is the best combo there is. This one will be happening for breakfast today, most definitely. :)

lisatberry — April 22, 2014 at 7:49 am

That smoothie looks so thick and refreshing. I can’t seem to get enough pineapple lately..after a long freezing winter I’ll take all the fruit I can get.

Kris — April 22, 2014 at 9:41 am

I don’t usually do smoothies because, as you say, they are a sugar minefield, but this looks healthy AND tasty.

My Linh — April 22, 2014 at 9:56 am

Funny, I just made this last weekend. Without the pineapple juice though. Love it with frozen bananas; so thick and delicious without the added sugar ^^

Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen — April 22, 2014 at 11:00 am

This smoothie looks stunning Averie and so summery – Pinned and can’t wait to try :)

Julie @ This Gal Cooks — April 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm

What a lovely smoothie, Averie! I’ll pass on those high sugar smoothies and take this one any day!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — April 22, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Such a pretty smoothie, I love these photos!

Danae @ reciperunner — April 22, 2014 at 2:45 pm

This smoothie looks delish! Strawberry banana is my favorite combination, but I love the pineapple juice added in for a tropical twist. Like you I’m also a banana hoarder and keep my freezer well stocked with overripe bananas!

MCS Gal — April 22, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I usually use orange juice in my smoothies. I’ll have to try the pineapple juice.

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — April 22, 2014 at 5:28 pm

one – I love smoothies and this one looks absolutely perfect! two – your pictures are stunning! drink pictures are my fav!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 22nd, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Thanks for saying that about my pics! I love drink pics, too!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — April 22, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Strawberry banana yogurt was a favorite of my brother and me too! In fact, I think that was the only yogurt my brother ate for about 5-6 years… He was a pretty picky eater as a kid. But now he’s drinking green smoothies and eating kale and inspiring me to try new foods — funny how that works! ;) Love the pretty pink color of your smoothies; it’s so cute and tempting!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — April 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

It’s gorgeous and perfect for the warmer weather! Pinned!

ami@naivecookcooks — April 22, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Beautiful!!

Mari — April 23, 2014 at 5:03 am

Could you add some protein to this? I was told I need more protein. Powder or what?

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 23rd, 2014 at 6:46 am

I’m sure you could add protein powder, yes. Or rather than use juice, make it with milk which has protein.

Michelle — April 23, 2014 at 5:31 am

Mmmm this looks so refreshing :)

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life — April 23, 2014 at 5:46 am

Smoothies are the best. THey are so rich and creamy but still healthy! Strawberries are my favorite, but I’ve never tried them with pineapple, at least not in a smoothie. They are such a breeze to whip up, I can rememdy that really fast!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — April 23, 2014 at 5:52 am

Averie – your smoothies are unreal! Just so gorgeous and vibrant! I love all the flavors you have in this one! Pinning :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 23rd, 2014 at 6:45 am

Thanks, Chelsea, for the compliments & the pin!

Sommer @ASpicyPerspective — April 23, 2014 at 7:39 am

A perfect day to start up my day off right! Beautiful pictures! Pinned!

Helen @ Scrummy Lane — April 23, 2014 at 9:22 am

Hi, Averie! I’m rarely tempted by smoothies (just not my thing) but for some reason this one did grab my attention. It just looks so creamy and the idea of adding the pineapple just makes the whole thing sound completely delicious. I already have 2 over-ripe bananas in my tiny freezer, but you’ve persuaded me to squeeze in some more. Thanks for all the great tips!

Gloria // Simply Gloria — April 23, 2014 at 11:14 am

Averie, I love the pineapple action in with the strawberries! I grew up on strawberry yogurt, too… and is still my most fave! Simply can’t wait to whip this smoothie up! (I think your next cookbook should be about smoothies… you rock at making them, my friend!)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 24th, 2014 at 9:38 am

You’re so sweet. I would actually like to do something like that. I have fun shooting drinks and making them!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — April 23, 2014 at 11:51 am

This smoothie looks so refreshing. I love the addition of pineapple juice. Very clever.

Meredith — April 23, 2014 at 5:48 pm

This looks downright amazing!

Holly | Beyond Kimchee — April 23, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I love the combination of strawberries and bananas. What a great idea to add pineapple juice! Love your pictures, too. Just gorgeous!

Laura Dembowski — April 24, 2014 at 5:40 am

Love this flavor combo! I often make smoothies with strawberries, frozen bananas, pineapple, and almond milk. The fruit is so sweet I never need sugar. One of my favorite breakfasts.

Shikha @ Shikha la mode — April 24, 2014 at 11:47 am

The best part about spring is that fruits are so sweet that we never need to add sugar!

Trish - Mom On Timeout — April 25, 2014 at 9:16 am

Pineapple juice is pretty much my most favorite thing EVER. Love that you used it in this smoothie! Pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 25th, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’ll trade you these for one of your mojitos or other delish looking drinks! (or that mojoito fruit salad I keep seeing!)

Emily — April 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Your smoothies look so wonderful! I love smoothies and I can’t wait to try some of these. All of your photography really beautiful. I am so glad I found your blog!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — April 28th, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Thanks for the compliments, Emily! :)

Jocelyn@BruCrew Life — April 28, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I heart strawberry banana smoothies, and yours is so pretty! And that totally makes it even better! ;)

The Vegan 8 — April 29, 2014 at 5:30 am

Oh my goodness, this is exactly how I make my hubby’s smoothie every morning, except I use pineapple and not just the nice and sometimes I throw in a small handful of blueberries. Yummy! Color is so pretty!