Carne Asada Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links.
Carne Asada Tacos – EASY carne asada at home that rivals your favorite restaurant!! Tender juicy beef that’s seasoned to perfection and topped with pico de gallo and salsa make these carne asada tacos INCREDIBLE!!
How To Make Carne Asada
If you’re craving carne asada tacos, look no further than this easy recipe for carne asada. The meat is tender, juicy, full of authentic flavor, and finger-licking good.
Begin with flank or skirt steak. Your grocery store may even label the beef as ‘carne asada steak’. Marinate the steak in lime juice, olive oil, and one packet of Ortega® Taco Seasoning Mix. Taco seasoning works perfectly as a shortcut since traditional carne asada seasoning would include cumin, garlic powder, and oregano which is all found in taco seasoning. Ortega offers high quality, great tasting Mexican food products designed to create an eating experience the whole family can enjoy together. Ortega transforms the ordinary meal into a festive, fun, and memorable occasion.
Allow the steak to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours, before grilling it.
I used my outdoor grill but you can use an indoor grill pan or even cook it in a cast iron skillet if that’s what you have. Flank steak, which is what I used, is best cooked medium-rare while skirt steak can be cooked more well done.
Make sure to allow the meat to rest for at least five minutes before slicing it so the natural juices stay in the meat and not on your cutting board.
So Many Salsa Options
I served the carne asada in Ortega® Whole Wheat Tortillas that I lightly charred in a couple of seconds each over my indoor gas stove burner. Optional but a nice touch. The tortillas are perfect for tacos, burritos, fajitas, wraps, and quesadillas.
In addition to pico de gallo, I topped the tacos with a 30-second homemade blender salsa made with Ortega® Hot Diced Jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. You can substitute the jalapeños with Ortega® Diced Green Chiles if you prefer. The salsa has plenty of kick which we love. A little dab will do you. Extra salsa is great with tortilla chips.
Other salsa serving suggestions include Ortega® Mild Taco Sauce, Ortega® Flavor Craver Chipotle Taco Sauce, or Ortega® Flavor Craver Taco Ranch Taco Sauce. These taco sauces come in three delicious flavors – Taco Ranch, Jalapeño Lime and Chipotle – and offer a bold and creamy twist to any dish and complement an array of meal occasions including tacos, taco salads, dips and burgers.
For more than 100 years, Ortega has been committed to family mealtime by providing a wide range of authentic, high-quality products to make Mexican meals at home including salsas, dips, and refried beans. Not to mention America’s #1 Taco Sauce and Diced Green Chiles.
If you’re feeling like some extra lime flavor, serve the tacos with lime wedges and of course, avocado is always welcome.
Every Day Can Be A Taco Day
Taco Tuesday will never go out of style, but with this easy carne asada recipe you can whip up these tacos even on busy weeknights. Now that the school season is upon us, getting delicious food on the table without hassle or fuss is the name of the game.
You can marinate the meat before work (longer marination) or if all you have is 30 minutes before grilling, that’s fine. Since the meat is so thin, it grills in minutes. While the meat rests, whip up the blender salsa like I do or use one of Ortega’s handy and flavorful sauces and dinner is served.
National Taco Day is coming right up on October 4th and I know what I’m making.
Marinade and Tacos
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak
- one 1.25-ounce packet Ortega® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ortega® Whole Wheat Tortillas, as necessary
- 1 bunch cilantro
- one 4-ounce can Ortega® Hot Diced Jalapeños (Ortega® Diced Green Chiles may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice, or as necessary for consistency
- salt, if desired
- sugar, if desired
- Ortega® Mild Taco Sauce, Ortega® Flavor Craver Chipotle Taco Sauce, or Ortega® Flavor Craver Taco Ranch Taco Sauce may be substituted or used in addition to the blender salsa
- pico de gallo, for serving
- avocado, lime wedges, etc., optional for serving
- Marinade and Tacos - To a large zip top plastic bag, add the steak, taco seasoning, lime juice, olive oil, seal bag, squish contents around, and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high (alternatively, use an indoor grill pan or cast iron skillet to cook the steak), add the steak, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until as done as desired. Allow meat to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Divide beef among tortillas as desired.
- Salsa - To the canister of a blender, add the cilantro, jalapeños, olive oil, enough lime juice to get the blender going, and process on high speed until smooth. Taste the salsa and if desired, add a pinch of salt and/or sugar until desired flavor balance is achieved.
- Add as much blender salsa, Ortega prepared salsa(s), pico de gallo, and optional serving items to the tacos as desired and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1508mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 34g
Layered Beef Taco Dip – A FAST and EASY layered dip with taco-seasoned cream cheese, sour cream, ground beef, black beans, cheese, tomatoes, and more!! Perfect for your next FIESTA and a guaranteed WINNER with everyone!!
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef – Learn how to make authentic-tasting barbacoa beef in your Instant Pot or slow cooker!! EASY, tastes BETTER than a restaurant, and is a dinnertime WINNER!!
Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos — FAST, super easy, and the super juicy chicken has AUTHENTIC smoky chipotle FLAVOR!! When you’re craving tacos, these are the tacos to make!
Post is brought to you by Ortega®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.