Cranberry, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry-Apple Cider Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links.
Say hello to the flavors of fall in this fast, easy, and healthy salad loaded with textures galore.
Once I start eating them, I can’t stop. For the salad I used this recipe.
I have a continued partnership with Fisher Nuts for the coming year so you’re in store for some fun recipes. Fisher is the only national brand of recipe nuts entirely without preservatives.
Check out their recipe contest at www.myfreshtwist.com for a chance to win a trip to NYC and meet Chef Alex Guaranschelli. Note the recipe contest closes on 10/20/15.
The dressing comes together in 30 seconds in the blender. It’s a tart-and-sweet blend of dried cranberries, apple cider vinegar, honey, and olive oil. So easy but packs so much flavor. It’s thick and coats the salad beautifully.
The salad is great for lunch, as a healthy and fast dinner, and would make a gorgeous side at holiday celebrations and parties.
- 4 cups butter lettuce (romaine or your favorite blend of greens may be substituted)
- 1 cup honeycrisp apples, diced (from about 1 medium apple; Fuji, Gala, Braeburn, etc. may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries (regular dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup candied Fisher pecans (use this recipe
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (gorgonzola or feta cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries (regular dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Salad – To a large bowl, add the lettuce, and top with apples, cranberries, pecans, and cheese. All amounts are flexible, add more or less of each topping based on personal preferences. Set aside.
- Dressing -To the canister of a blender, add all ingredients, and blend on high power for about 30 seconds, or until combined. The cranberries won’t break down completely and having some texture retained is okay. The amount of honey needed will vary based on how sweet or tart the cranberries are and on personal preference. I prefer less oil rather than more, but add to taste. Taste dressing and make any necessary flavor adjustments (more salt, pepper, etc.). Drizzle over salad and serve immediately. Extra dressing will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 9g
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – The flavors just POP in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
Roasted Winter Squash, Cranberry, and Almond Salad with Lemon Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (vegan, GF) – A hearty, comforting, and satisfying salad that’s healthy and easy!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – Goodbye mayo-loaded, mushy, boring potato salad. Hello to a Mexican-inspired potato salad full of flavor and texture with corn, black beans, peppers, and cilantro!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad – (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier and lighter? Make this easy, refreshing, and satisfying salad!
Strawberry, Avocado, and Kale Salad with Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – Make a kale lover out of anyone in this healthy salad with creamy avocado and juicy berries!
Tabbouleh – Never had it? Think couscous or quinoa mixed with vegetables, herbs, lemon and olive oil! Easy, no cooking required, healthy, and packed with so much flavor! (Great for outdoor events because there’s no mayo!)
Lemon, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Almond Quinoa Salad – Fast, easy, and fresh! Bright flavors and loads of texture! This clean-eating salad keeps you full and satisfied! Healthy never tasted so good! (No mayo and great for outdoor events or lunch boxes!)
Beginning now through October 20, 2015, home chefs from across the country are invited to submit their original recipe using Fisher pecans, walnuts or almonds to www.myfreshtwist.com for a chance to win a trip for two to New York City, $500 spending money and a meet-and-greet with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli at her restaurant, Butter.
-The top twenty entries will be professionally photographed and showcased on www.myfreshtwist.com where Fisher fans and their friends and families will be able to vote for the top three recipes from November 3, 2015 until November 17, 2015. Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and a panel of judges will then select the grand prize winner from the three finalists. Recipes will be judged on their originality, integration of nuts, taste and visual appeal.
-One grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to New York City, a meet-and-greet with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and $500. As with last year’s winning recipe, this year’s winning recipe will also be featured on the Fisher nuts website, social media pages and in local and national news publications. The grand prize winner will be announced the first week of December.
-Nineteen finalists will receive a $100 Visa gift card, an autographed Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
-Forty random weekly winners will also win a Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
-For more information, rules and regulations, visit www.myfreshtwist.com
Post is brought to you by Fisher. The recipe, image, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #ThinkFisher
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.