Cranberry, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry-Apple Cider Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links.
Apple Cranberry Salad with Blue Cheese — All the flavors of fall in one gorgeous, hearty, and healthy salad!! The easy, tart-and-sweet dressing is just bursting with flavor!!
Apple Cranberry Salad Recipe
Say hello to the flavors of fall in this fast, easy, and healthy cranberry pecan salad loaded with textures galore. There are sweet honey crisp apples, chewy orange-flavored dried cranberries, salty blue cheese, and crunchy candied pecans made with Fisher Pecan Halves.
I absolutely love candied nuts and have three recipes for homemade candied nuts. Once I start eating them, I can’t stop. For the salad I used this recipe.
I have a continued partnership with Fisher Nuts for the coming year so you’re in store for some fun recipes. Fisher is the only national brand of recipe nuts entirely without preservatives.
The apple cider vinegar salad dressing comes together in 30 seconds in the blender. It’s a tart-and-sweet blend of dried cranberries, apple cider vinegar, honey, and olive oil. So easy but packs so much flavor. It’s thick and coats the salad beautifully.
The salad is great for lunch, as a healthy and fast dinner, and would make a gorgeous side at holiday celebrations and parties.
What’s in Apple Cranberry Salad?
To make this cranberry apple pecan salad, you’ll need:
- Butter lettuce
- Honey crisp apple
- Orange-flavored dried cranberries
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Candied Fisher pecans (tutorial linked in recipe card below)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Apple Cranberry Salad
To a large bowl, add the lettuce, and top with apples, cranberries, pecans, and cheese. Set aside.
To the canister of a blender, add all the apple cider vinegar salad dressing ingredients and blend on high power for about 30 seconds, or until combined.
Taste dressing and make any necessary flavor adjustments before drizzling over the apple pecan salad.
Can I Make the Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing in Advance?
Yes! You can blend up the dressing in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I Use Different Toppings?
Your’e welcome to mix and match the toppings on this cranberry pecan salad as you see fit. Play around with different kinds of candied nuts, apples, dried fruits, etc.
Tips for Making Cranberry Apple Pecan Salad
When making the apple cider vinegar salad dressing, note that the cranberries won’t break down completely. Having some texture retained is okay.
Also, the exact amount of honey needed will vary based on how sweet or tart the cranberries are and on personal preference. I prefer less oil rather than more, but add to taste.
If you can’t find orange-flavored dried cranberries at your local grocery store, regular may be substituted. I found the orange-flavored ones at Trader Joe’s!
- 4 cups butter lettuce (romaine or your favorite blend of greens may be substituted)
- 1 cup honeycrisp apples, diced (from about 1 medium apple; Fuji, Gala, Braeburn, etc. may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries (regular dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup candied Fisher pecans (use this recipe
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (gorgonzola or feta cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries (regular dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- To a large bowl, add the lettuce, and top with apples, cranberries, pecans, and cheese. Set aside.
- To the canister of a blender, add all ingredients, and blend on high power for about 30 seconds, or until combined. The cranberries won’t break down completely and having some texture retained is okay. The amount of honey needed will vary based on how sweet or tart the cranberries are and on personal preference. I prefer less oil rather than more, but add to taste.
- Taste dressing and make any necessary flavor adjustments (more salt, pepper, etc.).
- Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- All salad topping amounts are flexible, add more or less of each topping based on personal preferences.
- Extra dressing will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 9g
More Fall Salad Recipes:
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette — The flavors just POP in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
Roasted Squash, Cranberry, and Almond Salad with Lemon Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (vegan, GF) – A hearty, comforting, and satisfying salad that’s healthy and easy!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad — Goodbye mayo-loaded, mushy, boring potato salad. Hello to a Mexican-inspired potato salad full of flavor and texture with corn, black beans, peppers, and cilantro!
Crunchy Peanut Chicken Salad – Crispy fried chicken with crunchy cabbage, carrots, peanuts, cilantro and the EASIEST and BEST homemade peanut sauce that coats every bite!! A salad that you’ll CRAVE over and over!!
Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Salad – All the flavors of classic spinach and artichoke dip are in this HEALTHY salad!! The only thing that’s missing is tons of fat and calories! FAST, EASY, naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, and tastes DELISH!!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad – An EASY, healthy, lettuce-less salad with roasted curried cauliflower and chickpeas as the STARS!! Topped with raisins, pistachios, cilantro, and a DELISH tangy Greek yogurt dressing!!
Kale Caesar Salad with Fried Chickpeas — This isn’t a traditional Caesar salad and that’s what I love about it. I used kale rather than romaine and fried chickpeas instead of croutons.
Post is brought to you by Fisher. The recipe, image, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #ThinkFisher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.