Easy Cheesy Chili Dip
This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the fastest and easiest dip ever. Just a few ingredients, five minutes, and it’s ready.
But don’t let that fool you because it tastes amazing.
It’s usually the super simple recipes that people love the most and disappear the fastest.
The idea for the dip came because of free samples at Trader Joe’s. I blame those free samples for so many (fantastic) impulse buys and this was one of them.
I was with my daughter and they were sampling their Organic Vegetarian Chili which they kept warm via a slow-cooker and it totally hit the spot so I grabbed some.
At home I combined the chili with lite cream cheese, McCormick Ground Cumin, McCormick Crushed Red Pepper, and heated the mixture together in the microwave. I transferred the mixture to an oven-safe dish, topped with cheese, broiled momentarily until golden, and served. Literally a 5-minute recipe.
For parties you could make it in a slow-cooker and keep it warm for hours. You won’t get the broiled cheese effect, but you can sprinkle with cheese as desired.
In 2014, McCormick marks its 125th anniversary by celebrating the role flavor plays in all of our lives, inspiring flavorful conversation, and giving back to communities around the world. As the movement toward more efficient compact kitchens grows, inventive urban dwellers are discovering creative, cross-functional ways to prepare flavorful meals making the most of what’s available. I’m all about clever compact cooking and my microwave is indispensable. Here’s a Clever Compact Cooking Video with Chef Juan Pedrosa.
Between my love of dips–as–meals and my daughter’s love of chili, we inhaled it almost as fast as I made it. The spiciness of the chili, the creaminess from the cream cheese, and the bubbly, golden, gooey cheese was a winning combination.
It’s perfect for game days, last minute guests, or as a mindless and goofproof holiday party appetizer.
- Place an oven rack on the second-highest rung and preheat oven to broil setting.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the cream cheese and heat for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add the chill, cumin, optional crushed red pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with plasticwrap and heat for about 90 seconds on high power, or until chili is warmed through and nearly bubbling.
- Transfer mixture to a broiler-safe baking dish and evenly sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is lightly golden and bubbly; broiling times will vary. Watch dip very closely so it doesn’t burn. I kept oven door closed for the first two minutes and then keep door cracked for the remaining minutes so I can watch dip like a hawk.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, or bread. Dip is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days; reheat gently in micro as desired. For parties you can make dip in a slow cooker and keep it warm for hours. You won’t get the broiled cheese effect, but you can sprinkle with cheese as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food
Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – aka Queso Dip or Ro-Tel Dip – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) – The classic dip, topped with cheese
Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, fat free, serve warm or cold) – A five-minute dip to toss together and full of texture from the corn and peppers. It can also be baked like today’s dip if you have extra time
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip – A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip & you get to eat the bowl
This post is brought to you by McCormick. Recipe, images, and opinions expressed are my own. Join the conversation at Flavoroftogether.com and share your flavor story and discover globally inspired dishes, videos, news articles and more. Stories can also be shared on social media using #flavorstory.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.