Pepperoni Pizza Baked Beans – PIZZA-inspired flavors in this EASY recipe that works great as an appetizer, side dish, or FAST weeknight dinner!! Tomatoes, oregano, pepperoni, and oodles of melted CHEESE!!
I eat beans quite often but try to refrain from pizza. The carbs, salt, and grease tastes amazing but isn’t great for my pants size.
Enter these baked beans with pizza-inspired flavors including juicy tomatoes, pizza sauce, oregano, mini pepperoni, and oodles of gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
The tender beans bubble away in saucy, tomatoey goodness and that cheese is what gets me. Cheese actually gets me every time but somehow seems more okay in this application than it would on pizza.
The pizza baked beans are a super simple appetizer, a great easy entertaining side dish, or as a weeknight dinner for those hectic nights when you have to get something on the table in less than 30 minutes. The dish reminds me of the comfort food nature of lasagna, minus the noodles.
Serve it with a salad and you’re set. Or with garlic bread if you don’t care about the carbs or gluten.
As written the recipe is gluten-free and you can easily make it vegetarian by omitting the pepperoni.
I have a feeling it could be a great slow cooker recipe although I haven’t tried it. I would let everything simmer together before adding the cheese, which I would add with just enough time before serving so that it melts.
It’s also great for holiday entertaining, game day parties, Superbowl, or anytime you need a gooey cheese fix.
Pin This Recipe
Pepperoni Pizza Baked Beans
Pepperoni Pizza Baked Beans - PIZZA-inspired flavors in this EASY recipe that works great as an appetizer, side dish, or FAST weeknight dinner!! Tomatoes, oregano, pepperoni, and oodles of melted CHEESE!!
- two 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- one 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- one 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain; I used no-salt added)
- 1 cup pizza/marinara/pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- one 5-ounce package mini pepperoni, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely minced for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the beans, tomatoes, pizza sauce, oregano, just over half the package of pepperoni, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared casserole dish.
- Evenly top with the cheese, remaining pepperoni, and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is as golden browned as desired. If you want a more pronounced browned cheese effect, pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes (keep a close eye on it).
- Evenly garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days, reheat gently as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 863mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 11gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders – Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone loves them! Totally irresistible!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans (vegan, GF) – The best scratch baked beans and the easiest! Set it and forget it!
This sounds like a great flavor for beans and wow–so easy too. This would be a nice change up from traditional pizza, which we love but don’t indulge in very often any more for the same reasons you mentioned. This is a good recipe to have your pizza and eat it too, so to speak:)
This was the BEST way to have your pizza and eat it too :) We loved these. I made this recipe quite awhile ago and in the midst of others, this one got pushed back and when I was editing the photos I thought, oh wow, that was SO good! And easy!