Sheet Pan Summer Vegetables and Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and perfect for your seasonal summer zucchini, squash and tomatoes!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s great for busy weeknights!!
Easy Summer Chicken Recipe
I love sheet pan dinners because they’re easy, tasty, and ready in no time. The chicken in this recipe is tender, juicy, and infused with lovely lemon flavor from lemon pepper as well as Italian seasoning.
Since we’re still in swimsuit season, this skinny dinner gets some bonus points for having lean protein, veggies galore, and it’s naturally gluten-free.
Even though I don’t have a garden, ’tis the time of year where the stores and markets have an abundance of inexpensive summer squash varieties and tomatoes.
My daughter has sports practice year-round and a very short summer off from school, so it feels like we are always in ‘busy weeknight’ mode. Because the chicken sheet pan dinner recipe is made on a sheet pan, cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil. The less dishes I have to do after a long day, the happier I am.
What’s in Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies?
To make the roasted chicken and veggies, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Yellow squash
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper
How to Make Roasted Chicken and Veggies
This sheet pan chicken and vegetables recipe couldn’t be any easier! Simply line a sheet pan with foil, then add the chicken and veggies and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Then, bake until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. To finish it off, add the sliced tomato and dig in!
Can I Use Different Veggies in This Dish?
Definitely! I used two large zucchini, one large squash, and a tomato to make this sheet pan chicken and vegetables, but you can switch that up and you can mix and match based on what your family enjoys. Try broccoli, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, red onions, or whatever floats your boat.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
I held off an adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top of the roasted chicken and veggies, but it would be lovely. Or try a spoonful of minced garlic, a drizzle of soy sauce, or chili garlic sauce if you want to amp up the flavor even more.
If you need something extra to round off this meal, I recommend serving the sheet pan chicken and veggies with steamed rice or buttered noodles. It’s a simple meal, but a delicious one!
Note that this recipe is best warm and fresh, but leftovers will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 1.25 to 1.50 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium/large zucchini, cut into half moons or quartered
- 1 medium/large yellow squash, cut into half moons or quartered
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced (I used Roma)
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add the chicken, zucchini, squash, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly season with lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for about 17 to 22 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken and being that this is quite a hot oven, check early and often so you don’t overcook the chicken which can dry out.
- Add the tomatoes, optionally garnish with Parmesan, and serve immediately.
- Recipe is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 56g
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes:
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – EASY dinners that are ready in a flash and PERFECT for busy weeknights! DELISH, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – FAST, easy, gluten-free recipes on the SKINNIER side!! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much FLAVOR! Perfect for busy weeknights and there’s more than than just salads!!
Sheet Pan Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken and Vegetables – An easy sheet pan chicken dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes! Bonus that it’s skinny and has so much flavor from the lemon pepper!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple – Fast, easy, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a delish one-pan meal with zero cleanup!
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables — Fast, easy, one pan recipe that’s full of flavor from balsamic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and basil! The chicken is so tender, juicy, and moist!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY whole roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
25-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas — EASY, ready in no time, tastes AUTHENTIC, and made on ONE sheet pan to keep things simple – especially on busy nights!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.