When It’s a Holiday Week
This post may contain affiliate links.
When it’s a holiday week in the middle of the summer, you should:
1. Soak in as much gorgeous weather as you can.
Savor and relish every sunny second.
2. Get a pedicure – note to self, need to do this
3. Swing from the monkey bars like you’re five years old and help your 5 year old swing (code for mom does 95% of the work).
4. Run behind, alongside, next to, and become the shadow of your five year old and her bike because she decided she doesn’t want training wheels on it anymore.
Of course this decision has to be made in the middle of summer just to make sure my deodorant is working as I’m running alongside her.
Pedal honey, pedal!
5. Drink an Orange PushUp Smoothie with the 5 year old after all that bike chasing and sweating.
6. Drink Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, No Sugar Added) with the husband after the 5 year old is (finally) in bed.
Five year old has more energy than the parents, clearly.
7. Eat watermelon.
And buy more because it’s so good and cheap this time of year.
8. Do something patriotic.
Like eating a red, white, and blue snowcone
9. Eat mini food
10. Eat something chocolate and easy to make
What are your plans on this holiday week?
We still don’t have any formal plans for the Fourth.
Keeping it low key, not driving anywhere and not dealing with parking, just walking where we need to go, and not stressing about anything from food to fireworks to timeframes, is in the forecast.
Stay tuned for two delicious posts (even though the D-word is off limits, I used it anyway)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.