Ham and Cheese Sliders
If you’re in need of an easy comfort-food recipe for tailgating, holiday parties or events, or an after-school snack that everyone loves, this will do the trick.
Baked juicy ham and Swiss cheese nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping.
Hawaiian bread is one of my all-time favorite kinds of bread and it’s absolutely perfect for the sliders.
It stays soft and tender in the interior and while the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking.
There’s flavor galore from the juicy ham, savory cheese, sharp Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, dried onions, and Worcesteshire sauce.
While eating the sliders the term ‘butter fingers’ may come to mind. Soft, white, warm bread covered in butter is never a bad thing. As a bonus your cuticles will be extra moisturized.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
If you're in need of an easy comfort-food recipe for tailgating, holiday parties or events, or an after-school snack that everyone loves, this will do the trick. Baked juicy ham and Swiss cheese nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping. The bread stays soft and tender in the interior and while the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking. There's flavor galore from the juicy ham, savory cheese, sharp Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, dried onions, and Worcesteshire sauce.
Yield: 12 sliders
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 25 minutes
Total Time: about 30 minutes
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half (see directions for more details)
- 3/4 pound cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcesteshire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x9-inch or 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a 'slab' of tops and a 'slab' of bottoms; don't pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. Place the bottom 'slab' of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly layer about half of the ham over the rolls.
- Evenly layer the cheese.
- Evenly layer the remaining ham.
- Add the top 'slab' of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until as done as desired. Baking time will vary based on the size of pan used, climate and oven variances, etc. Bake until as done as desired; watch to make sure they don't burn since all ovens and ingredients vary. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Fry Sauce – Meatless comfort food at its finest! Hearty, satisfying and so good!
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!
Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread – No starter required and so easy! It tastes like it’s from a fancy bakery! Who can resist homemade cheesy bread!
No-Knead Make-Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter – The easiest dinner rolls ever! No kneading, no fuss and you can make the dough ahead of time! Perfect for holiday meals and parties!
One-Hour Soft Buttery Breadsticks – Fast, easy, from-scratch breadsticks that are the perfect appetizer or side to any meal!
Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels – Just like pretzels from the mall, except right at home! Fast, easy, and ready in one hour!