The smell of buffalo wing sauce reminds me of a fun college waitressing job I had.
When it’s combined with two kinds of cheese, cream cheese, and chicken we’re talking serious comfort food.
I can and do make a meal out of dips, and the cheesier the better. This one is plenty cheesy, creamy, and there’s just enough kick from the wing sauce. I use medium heat because my family doesn’t like anything hotter, but go as hot or mild as you like.
Rather than using chicken, I used Beyond Meat Grilled Strips. They’re fat-free, gluten-free, and there’s 20 grams of protein in a 3-ounce, 120-calorie portion. My friends and family had no idea it wasn’t real chicken as they were devouring the dip. I loved how easy the strips were to just chop and stir into the dip before baking.
Beyond Meat is planting The Future of Protein, using protein from plants to create delicious products ranging from chicken strips and tenders to meatballs and beef crumbles. Their plant-based products are designed to enable families around the world to continue to eat what they love – chili, pasta Bolognese, chicken tenders, and meatball subs – but without the downsides of animal meat.
Plant protein consumption is at a tipping point with elite athletes from the NBA, WNBA, MLB, AVP, and WSL. They include J.J. Redick, David Wright, Maya Moore, April Ross, Eric Bledsoe, Maggie Vessey, and Tia Blanco. These athletes intuitively understand the benefits of plant-based proteins and have partnered with Beyond Meat to share the benefits with others. At the bottom of the post there are details for a fun sweepstakes you can enter.
It’s a fast, easy recipe that’ll be a guaranteed hit with everyone at your next event and is perfect for game day parties. You can assemble it up to two days in advance and keep it covered in the fridge before baking it off before your event.
Pin This Recipe
- 2 cups chopped chicken, cooked (I used thawed Beyond Meat Grilled Strips
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, very well-softened (lite okay)
- 8 ounces buffalo wing sauce (I use medium heat)
- 2 cups finely grated cheddar and monterey Jack cheese blend (or similar), divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the chicken, cream cheese, wing sauce, 1 cup cheese, and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Tip – For a make-ahead option, at this point cover with plasticwrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. Remove plasticwrap before baking.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes (start watching at 25 minutes because all ovens, cheese, etc. varies), or until lightly golden browned and bubbly. Serve immediately with chips, crackers, bread, or your favorite dippers. Dip is best warm and fresh but extra will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 719mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips of all time! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy, perfect comfort food!
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip – A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip & you get to eat the bowl
Easy Jalapeño and Red Pepper Cheese Ball – Just spicy enough that the more you have, the more you want!! A fast, easy, and foolproof hit!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor! And cheese!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) – The classic dip, topped with cheese!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip!! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
The Future of Protein Challenge Sweepstakes from Beyond Meat
5 lucky fans can win prizes ranging from Le Crueset cookware, 3 months of Chef’d meal delivery, a $500 Visa Gift Card, and a chance to watch the Beyond Meat athletes in action.
You can buy discounted Beyond Meat products with this coupon link. Secretly substitute a Beyond Meat product in a family-favorite meal.
Click here to download Beyond Meat product info and some suggested recipes. After everyone has enjoyed the meal, reveal to them that the meat they just ate was made from 100% plants! Capture their thoughts, comments, and of course, empty plates and happy faces.
Post your photos and a recap of the dinner to Instagram or Twitter by 11:00PM PST on 10/31, tagging “@ BeyondMeat” and “#FutureOfProtein” This will automatically enter you in the sweepstakes. Repeat whenever your family wants to enjoy protein-packed meals without the downsides of animal meat.
Post is brought to you by Beyond Meat. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #FutureOfProtein