Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Hot Corn Dip — This easy corn dip recipe literally takes five minutes to stir together. It’s great for parties, football, and tailgating!
Hot Corn Dip Recipe
This is the best corn I’ve had all summer. Because it’s baked with two kinds of cheese. But of course.
I love dips and make meals out of them, and this corn dip was one of the best meals I’ve had in awhile. The dip literally takes five minutes to stir together, the best kind of recipe. Combine corn, green chiles, cheese, mayo, stir, and bake. So easy.
It’s the type of recipe that’ll save you when you need a crowd-pleasing warm and hearty appetizer but don’t have time for anything fussy. I got most of the ingredients for the dip at my local Von’s (Safeway) store.
I made the dip for a party and no one could resist it. It’s creamy with great texture from the juicy corn kernels and reminds me of the filling I used for these stuffed mushrooms.
This hot corn dip screams football and tailgating, but let’s enjoy the last of summer before we starting thinking football.
Gooey cheese on crunchy chips with a refreshing drink to wash it all down with. Perfect comfort food!
What’s in Hot Corn Dip?
To make this hot corn dip recipe, you’ll need:
- Canned green chiles
- Shredded Sargento Monterey Jack cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- Hellman’s mayonnaise
How to Make Corn Dip
Stir together the ingredients in a large bowl, then turn into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with additional cheese before baking.
Bake the hot corn dip until the cheese has melted and is bubbly, or is as golden browned as desired. This corn dip is best fresh from the oven, but leftovers will keep up to five days in the fridge.
What to Serve with Corn Dip
You can serve almost any chip, cracker, or vegetable with this hot corn dip, but a few of my favorite things to dip into it are:
- Rold Gold pretzel thins
- Nabisco crackers
- Celery sticks
- Potato chips
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Corn?
I used frozen corn so I didn’t have to deal with corn silks, but fresh corn would be lovely as well. You can even used canned corn, but you’d need to drain and rinse it before mixing it into this corn dip.
Is There a Mayonnaise Substitute I Can Use?
If you’d like to make this corn dip a little healthier, you’re welcome to use Miracle Whip instead of mayo. You can also use lite mayo or Miracle Whip if you’d prefer.
Tips for Making Hot Corn Dip
The chiles add an incredibly mild heat, but it’s flavor rather than heat since it’s faint. Spice it up with a shake of chili powder or cayenne if you want to truly put the hot in hot corn dip.
I like using Monterey Jack cheese in this hot corn dip, but I’ve also made it with Pepper Jack and enjoy that as well. Both add a slight spiciness to this corn dip that I love.
If you wind up with leftovers, I recommend gently reheating them in the oven or enjoy them cold. A scoop of cold corn dip pairs nicely with grilled chicken the next day!
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained if necessary (or substitute with fresh corn)
- one 4-ounce can green chile peppers
- 1 3/4 cups shredded Sargento® Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack), divided (most of an 8-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s®/Best Foods® Mayonnaise or MIRACLE WHIP (lite versions are okay)
- chips, crackers or bread for serving (try Pringles® Tortillas, Rold Gold® Pretzel Thins, NABISCO crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9-inch round pie dish with cooking spray; set aside
- In a large bowl add corn, green chiles, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan, mayo (I used lite MIRACLE WHIP), and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbly, or is as golden browned as desired.
- Serve immediately with corn chips, tortilla chips, bread, or your favorite dipper.
- Dip is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently if desired or serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 431mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
More Easy Dip Recipes:
Baked Triple Cheese and Tortilla Chip Dip — This easy chip dip recipe is made with corn tortilla chips, salsa, and three types of cheese. It can be assembled in advance and baked just before guests arrive!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip — The dip is creamy, cheesy, gooey, and everything I want in a baked spinach and artichoke dip!
5-Minute Chili Cheese Dip – EASY, ready in 5 minutes, just 3 main ingredients, and made in the microwave!! The CHEESE is irresistible! The perfect game day or easy party appetizer that everyone LOVES!!
Loaded Baked BLT Dip — This cheesy BLT dip is loaded with two types of cheese, bacon, fresh tomatoes, and more! It’s perfect for holiday parties and tailgating and is SO easy to make!
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
Spicy Chorizo Queso – No processed cheese in this EASY cheese dip that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Wonderfully spicy thanks to the chorizo! Great appetizer for holiday entertaining, parties, and game days!!
16 Cheesy Dips To Make Now – Fast, EASY, foolproof, and nothing compares to gooey, heavenly, melted CHEESE!! Perfect for holiday parties, game day parties, or your next cozy night on the couch!!
Post brought to you by Safeway Inc. Recipe, photography, and opinions expressed are my own.