Sheet Pan Honey Horseradish Chicken and Asparagus
This post may contain affiliate links.
Horseradish. The perfect sinus opener. I love the spicy kick.
However in this dish the horseradish is very mild and balanced by the honey, not to worry.
This is an easy, 30-ish minute sheet pan recipe and cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil. Plan ahead because if you can marinate your chicken it will be so much more tender, juicy, and flavorful.
The chicken marinates in a mixture of olive oil, horseradish, honey, salt, and pepper. Simple ingredients that deliver loads of flavor.
I timed this recipe to coincide with Passover approaching. Traditionally both horseradish and honey are foods commonly served at a Passover seder.
Since asparagus is in season now it’s an easy choice for a vegetable although you could swap it out for Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, or another favorite. Tip – Use average-sized asparagus; thick asparagus tends to be tough and the thin asparagus cooks too quickly and gets mushy. I used two pounds to make sure there was an ample amount but if you’re not a total asparagus fiend you could probably get away with one pound.
If you like the honey and horseradish combo as much as I do, whisk a little together and drizzle it over the chicken before serving. The more sauce the merrier.
- about 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.50 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling over asparagus
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup horseradish (I use prepared creamy refrigerated)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste; plus more for asparagus
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste; plus more for asparagus
- 1 to 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed (read blog post for explanation)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (regular or flat-leaf Italian), optional for garnishing
- To a large ziptop back, add the chicken, 1/3 cup olive oil, honey, horseradish, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, seal bag, and squish contents around to distribute evenly. Place bag in refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and place chicken on baking sheet. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip chicken over, and evenly place the asparagus around the chicken around the perimeter of the pan and between the pieces.
- Evenly drizzle asparagus with a small amount of olive oil (there will be pan juices from the chicken that you can roll the asparagus through too), season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly. Tip – Use average-sized asparagus; thick asparagus tends to be tough and the thin asparagus cooks too quickly and get mushy.
- Return pan to oven and bake for about 10 to 14 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165F). Baking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts and size of asparagus; bake as necessary and until done.
- Optionally garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Tip – Whisk a little extra honey and horseradish together and drizzle over chicken before serving if desired. Dish is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 28gProtein: 44g
My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes are ALL HERE
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables – Fast, easy, one pan recipe that’s full of flavor from balsamic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and basil! The chicken is so tender, juicy, and moist!
Easy 15-Minute Sweet and Sour Chicken – Faster, easier, healthier, and tastes better than takeout or a restaurant! Perfect balance of sweet yet sour Asian flavors that the whole family will love!
Easy Lemon Chicken with Caramelized Lemons – If you like lemons you’re going to love this very lemony lemon chicken! Easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and bursting with bold lemon flavor!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.