Sheet Pan Honey Horseradish Chicken and Asparagus
This post may contain affiliate links.
Honey Horseradish Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus — The perfect balance of sweet honey with spicy horseradish in this EASY, HEALTHY recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!! Juicy chicken with crisp-tender asparagus for the win!!
One-Pan Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
Horseradish. The perfect sinus opener. I love the spicy kick. However, in this dish the horseradish is very mild and balanced by the honey, not to worry.
This is an easy, 30-ish minute sheet pan recipe and cleanup is as easy as tossing away a sheet of foil. Plan ahead because if you can marinate your chicken it will be so much more tender, juicy, and flavorful.
The chicken marinates in a mixture of olive oil, horseradish, honey, salt, and pepper. Simple ingredients that deliver loads of flavor.
I timed this recipe to coincide with Passover approaching. Traditionally both horseradish and honey are foods commonly served at a Passover seder.
What’s in Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus?
To make the sheet pan chicken breast with asparagus, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
Add the chicken, olive oil, honey, horseradish, salt and pepper to a large bag and seal it. Let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes, but overnight is best.
When ready to bake, place the chicken on a sheet pan and roast at 425F for about 18 minutes. At this point, you’ll need to flip the chicken over and place the asparagus on the sheet pan alongside it.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the asparagus is crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Can I Use Another Veggie?
Yes! Since asparagus is in season now it’s an easy choice for a vegetable, although you could swap it out for Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, or another favorite.
Tips for Making One-Pan Chicken and Asparagus
Use average-sized asparagus. Thick asparagus tends to be tough and the thin asparagus cooks too quickly and gets mushy.
I used two pounds to make sure there was an ample amount, but if you’re not a total asparagus fiend you could probably get away with one pound.
If you like the honey and horseradish combo as much as I do, whisk a little together and drizzle it over the chicken before serving. The more sauce, the merrier.
- about 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.50 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling over asparagus
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup horseradish (I use prepared creamy refrigerated)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste; plus more for asparagus
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste; plus more for asparagus
- 1 to 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed (read blog post for explanation)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (regular or flat-leaf Italian), optional for garnishing
- To a large ziptop back, add the chicken, 1/3 cup olive oil, honey, horseradish, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, seal bag, and squish contents around to distribute evenly. Place bag in refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and place chicken on baking sheet. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip chicken over, and evenly place the asparagus around the chicken around the perimeter of the pan and between the pieces.
- Evenly drizzle asparagus with a small amount of olive oil (there will be pan juices from the chicken that you can roll the asparagus through too), season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly.
- Return pan to oven and bake for about 10 to 14 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165F). Baking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts and size of asparagus; bake as necessary and until done.
- Optionally garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Whisk a little extra honey and horseradish together and drizzle over chicken before serving if desired.
Asparagus: Use average-sized asparagus; thick asparagus tends to be tough and the thin asparagus cooks too quickly and gets mushy.
Storage: Dish is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 28gProtein: 44g
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes:
My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes are ALL HERE
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables — Fast, easy, one pan recipe that’s full of flavor from balsamic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and basil! The chicken is so tender, juicy, and moist!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple — Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup.
15-Minute Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper Chicken — Fast, EASY, HEALTHY, and loaded with great lemon pepper flavor!! A DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup that’s perfect for busy weeknights!!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes — FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY whole roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
25-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas — EASY, ready in no time, tastes AUTHENTIC, and made on ONE sheet pan to keep things simple – especially on busy nights!! Who needs a Mexican restaurant when you can make fajitas this GOOD and healthier at home!!
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chicken — EASY, HEALTHY, and a great way to enjoy roasted sweet potatoes in less time!! A DELISH one-pan juicy chicken dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes with zero cleanup!!
Sheet Pan Salsa Chicken and Potatoes — An EASY dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes and made on ONE pan with so much FLAVOR!! The salsa keeps the chicken so juicy for a winner-winner-chicken-dinner that’s perfect for busy nights!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.