I’ve been on a strawberry dessert kick the past few weeks. Tis the season and I’m taking advantage of it.
This fast and easy ring continues on my strawberry theme with lemon and cream cheese incorporated for a tangy pop.
If you want to mix it up and use blueberries or raspberries instead of strawberries, omit or swap the lemon for orange, it’s a flexible enough recipe to go with what you enjoy most.
I’ve always loved strawberry lemonade and strawberry lemonade-inspired desserts and this one is in the same family.
The best part is that it uses one of my favorite baking shortcuts – a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls. If you’re lucky enough to find seamless crescent roll sheets use them because you don’t have to pinch together the perforations like you do with regular crescent rolls.
But either way this is a cinch of a dessert to make and is ready in 30 minutes from start to finish.
After baking the ring may fall a bit but that’s okay because you’re going to add fresh strawberries over the top which covers up any imperfections. I love the combination of both baked and fresh berries in this recipe.
The lemon glaze perfectly compliments the berries and we adored it. This is a keeper for a holiday brunch like Mother’s Day or for a casual summer potluck.
Pin This Recipe
Strawberry Lemon Crescent Ring
This fast and easy ring that’s ready in 30 minutes has strawberries with lemon and cream cheese incorporated for a tangy pop. Mix it up and use blueberries or raspberries instead of strawberries, omit or swap the lemon for orange if desired. It uses one of my favorite baking shortcuts – refrigerated crescent rolls. Use seamless crescent roll sheets if you can find them. I love the combination of both baked and fresh berries in this recipe and the lemon glaze perfectly compliments the berries. This is a keeper for a holiday brunch or for a casual summer potluck.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite is okay)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, or to taste
- one 8-ounce can crescent roll dough sheet or one 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced small; divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Crescent Ring – Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mix with a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended; set aside.
- Unroll the dough sheet. If using crescent rolls, unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap the long sides to form a 13×7-inch rectangle, and firmly press the edges and perforations to seal.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the large rectangle leaving a 1/2-inch bare margin around the perimeter.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup strawberries over the dough.
- Starting with a long side of the rectangle, roll up, and pinch the edge to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices.
- Arrange slices on prepared baking sheet in a circle so that they’re touching slightly.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow ring to cool on baking sheet while you make the glaze.
- Lemon Glaze – To a small bowl, add the confectioners’ sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until it’s the proper consistency for drizzling.
- Before glazing, evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup strawberries over the ring.
- Evenly drizzle the glaze over the ring and serve immediately. Ring is best warm and fresh.
Adapted from Pillsbury
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g
Check out 40+ Strawberry Recipes HERE!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade! Sooo good!
Strawberry Custard Bars – Easy no mixer bars with a shortbread crust, one pound of fresh berries, a layer of sweet custard, and creamy whipped topping! A perfect warm weather dessert that everyone loves!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars – Soft, buttery bars topped with cheesecake and swirled with strawberry jam! The best of all worlds in these fast, easy, and amazing bars!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars – A buttery shortbread crust topped with cream cheese filling, frosting, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberry Sweet Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze – Soft, buttery rolls filled with strawberry jam and topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese glaze!
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake – A fast, easy, foolproof cake that looks tie-dyed from the strawberry streaks! Super moist yet light and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor!! The frosting and sprinkles make these easy, goof-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Do you think this could be assembled the night before, kept covered in the fridge, and then baked first thing in the morning?
No because the crescent rolls need to be baked right after assembly. It’s a very fast assembly 10 mins tops!
This looks FANTASTIC! I’ve never had something like this before but now I want it! The strawberries look SO refreshing. I am definitely trying this out! Pinned!
Thanks for pinning!
hey girl- this looks amazing!
Such a great last minute dessert idea! I love when you can cover up an imperfections with vibrant fresh fruit
Me too :)
Averie, I have a challenge for you. I love pecan pies, cupcakes etc. Can’t eat them because of diverticulitis. Can you come up with something using pecan extract that woul satisfy my love of pecans?
Try this one and sub pecan extract for the vanilla https://www.averiecooks.com/2016/08/sugar-cream-pie.html
Or these and omit the whole pecans and use pecan extract in place of vanilla https://www.averiecooks.com/2014/09/buttery-pecan-pumpkin-spice-cookies.html
Oh, how I have been craving strawberries, but at $6.99 a pound (on SALE!) I Won’t be buying any soon! :'(
Wow that’s crazy! They are $2.99 a pound at most in San Diego!
I just bought them for 1.30 at Aldi!
Hi! This looks amazing, and I already have the ingredients (yay for crescent roll sheets!). I’m going camping tomorrow for a night, and I’d like to make this ahead of time and bring it along to share with friends on Sunday morning. Do you think it will keep?
Honestly if you are sharing this with guests I would try to make it that morning. Just because with crescent rolls, they do firm up over time and they’re not as good when they are harder. Plus with the fresh berries to add after it comes out of the oven, I think if you can swing it, make it that morning. It’s super easy and fast, promise! LMK how it goes!
Loving this crescent ring dessert idea! So pretty and perfect for Spring brunch or party!
Not only do I want to eat this, but I want to wear it on my head as a may day crown. Not gross at all, right? I’m pretty sure strawberries and cream cheese provide hair nutrition. Yup, strangest comment I’ve left in a while. :-)
I think it would make a lovely May Day crown :)
I love the flavor combo and the “fancy but easy” baking technique!
That’s my favorite technique!
This is another yummy looking idea for crescent roll dough and a great way to celebrate berry season!
I think I have one more strawberry recipe next week and then I’m done for awhile :)