Cheesy Beef Ravioli
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheesy Beef Ravioli — EASY, ready in 30 minutes, and it’s pure cheesy COMFORT FOOD in every bite!! Makes a big batch and it’s perfect for meal prep and planned freezer meals! A guaranteed family FAVORITE you’ll want on repeat!!
Quick & Easy Ravioli Dinner
This meat ravioli recipe is comfort food at its finest and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s a perfect meal for busy weeknights, especially when it’s chilly out.
Nothing will warm you up better than pasta smothered in cheese and loaded with seasoned ground beef!
The recipe makes a big hearty batch, which is perfect for leftovers the next day or as planned freezer meals. Cook once, eat twice, always is nice.
The nice thing about ravioli is that it cooks very quickly, usually in 5 minutes or less. Other than boiling the ravioli in a separate pot, everything else is made in one pot, which is so nice when it comes to doing dishes later.
What’s in the Cheesy Beef Ravioli?
This easy recipe includes:
- Cheese ravioli (or your favorite ravioli)
- Ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Beef Ravioli with Meat Sauce
Boil the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
To a large, deep-sided, ovenproof skillet, add the onion, ground beef, and brown them before seasoning with garlic and Italian seasoning.
Add a big can of crushed tomatoes along with the cooked ravioli and stir everything together.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan before broiling for a few minutes. The mozzarella gets gooey and melty while the Parmesan gets lightly crisped under the broiler. The recipe is good on its own, but with two kinds of cheese, it’s irresistible.
A sprinkling of fresh basil before serving adds a lovely pop of fresh flavor and basil is the perfect complement to Italian food.
Tips for Making This Easy Ravioli Dinner
Use any ravioli variety you’d like in this recipe. I think the tomato sauce for the ravioli pairs best with four cheese ravioli, but a meat ravioli works too!
You’ll realize the importance of using a large, deep skillet to make this recipe when you’re stirring together an onion, a pound of ground beef, 20 ounces of ravioli, and a 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes. That’s a lot of volume.
To keep this meal super simple, I usually pair it with a green side salad or a roasted vegetable.
- 20 ounces fresh refrigerated ravioli (I used 4-cheese; use your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 80%)
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced or pressed
- 1 heaping tablespoon Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- one 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, optional for garnishing
- To a large pot, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- To a large, high-sided, ovenproof skillet, add the olive oil, onion, and saute over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, or just until onion begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef, crush and crumble with a spatula as it cooks, and stir beef and onions frequently as they cook to ensure even cooking.
- After beef has completely cooked, add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, stir to combine, and cook for about 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, add the cooked ravioli, and stir to combine.
- Evenly sprinkle with the mozzarella, then the Parmesan, and place skillet under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is as browned as desired, making sure to check very frequently for doneness. Because all broilers vary dramatically in their intensity, start checking after 3 minutes and do not leave your food unattended because you don't want it to burn; noting that it could possibly take longer than 5 minutes, just keep an eye on it. Remove the skillet from under the broiler when the cheese is as melted and golden as desired.
- Optionally garnish with basil and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
More Quick & Easy Pasta Dinners:
Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna – This EASY lasagna comes together with just four simple ingredients making it perfect for busy weeknights!! The whole family will LOVE this cheesy comfort food lasagna recipe!
One Pot Italian Sausage and Tomato Basil Pasta – An EASY comfort food recipe that’s loaded with Italian flavors, ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE pot, and a family favorite!! No need to boil the pasta separately to save time and dishes!!
Cheesy Beef and Pasta Casserole – Hearty comfort food that’s EASY and IRRESISTIBLE!! Cheesy pasta and beef coated in marinara sauce and topped with more CHEESE! Makes planned leftovers and is freezer-friendly!!
Pizza Pasta Casserole – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and for times when you want BOTH pizza AND pasta!! Ground beef, pepperoni, and oodles of cheese make this casserole pure COMFORT FOOD! Feeds a crowd!!
30-Minute One-Pot Beef and Bowtie Soup – EASY, hearty, comfort food that’s full of flavor!! A FAST and tasty soup the whole family will LOVE! It will keep your warm on chilly winter nights!!
Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Chicken – A healthier twist on chicken parmesan because there’s NO breaded chicken!! Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with FLAVOR! A guaranteed hit that’ll be in your regular dinner rotation!!
Three Cheese Baked Ziti – Mozzarella, fontina, and parmesan melted together are divine!! An easy, make-ahead meal that’s also freezer-friendly and so tasty!! The whole family will love it!
Extra Cheesy Tortellini Bake – Three-cheese tortellini baked with pasta sauce AND 3 more cheeses!! Cheese lovers will adore this easy comfort food that’s ready in 30 minutes!!
Easy 30-Minute One-Skillet Lasagna – Everything cooks in one skillet and you don’t even need to boil the noodles separately!! Full of classic lasagna flavor but so much faster and easier! Now you can make lasagna on busy weeknights!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.