Loaded Shredded Chicken Nachos — Juicy chicken soaked in enchilada sauce with black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro, and more!! Cheesy, gooey perfection and READY in 5 minutes! Perfect for parties, tailgating, or anytime you need an EASY nacho fix!!
Easiest Loaded Chicken Nachos Recipe
There’s nothing better than warm, gooey, cheesy nachos. I could make a meal out of them and sometimes do.
There’s so much flavor and texture in every bite of these easy nachos that are loaded with every Mexican-inspired ingredient I could find in my fridge and pantry.
Black beans, corn, bell peppers, pico de gallo, cilantro, and I forgot to add avocado or guacamole. I know, what was I thinking? Enchilada sauce keeps the chicken moist and juicy and we didn’t miss the avocado.
The shredded chicken nachos are dangerously fast to make and ready in 5 minutes. They’re perfect for Memorial Day parties or Fourth of July, Labor Day, tailgating, or Super Bowl parties. No one can resist fresh nachos.
What’s in the Shredded Chicken Nachos?
To make these pulled chicken nachos, you’ll need:
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Red enchilada sauce
- Corn tortilla chips
- Black beans
- Bell pepper
- Mexican shredded cheese blend
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh cilantro
- Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc. (optional, for topping)
How to Make Shredded Chicken Nachos
In a bowl, stir together the enchilada sauce and the chicken. Then, place the chips on a microwave-safe plate.
Evenly top the chips with the chicken, black beans, bell peppers, corn, and cheese. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
Can I Substitute the Enchilada Sauce?
If you can’t find enchilada sauce where you live, you can easily make your own or you use a good-quality salsa instead. Obviously, the taste will be different but the nachos will still taste good!
Tips for Making Loaded Chicken Nachos
To make your life easier, buy a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it to make the nachos.
Or, for even more flavor you could prepare my Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts in advance and use those to make the pulled chicken nachos.
I used the microwave because I don’t find there’s much of a difference in taste between microwaved nachos and baked nachos, but bake them if you prefer. Just don’t forget to wash them down with The Best Margaritas!
Pin This Recipe
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (use storebought rotisserie chicken to save time)
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- about 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced small (I used red and yellow)
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen; thaw before using)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
- guacamole, sour cream, or your other favorite Mexican-inspired fixings, optional
- To a medium bowl add the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a large microwave-safe plate or shallow bowl, add the chips in a flat layer or without too much overlap so each chip gets its share of toppings.
- To the chips, evenly top with the chicken, black beans, bell peppers, corn, cheese, and microwave on high for about 2 minutes (all microwaves vary), stopping every 30 seconds to check, or until cheese has melted.
- Evenly garnish with pico de gallo, cilantro, any optional toppings, and serve immediately. Nachos are best warm and fresh.
If you prefer, you can bake the nachos at 375F for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 40g
More Mexican Appetizers:
Loaded Guacamole Nachos — Fresh, easy homemade guac on top of cheesy chips is totally irresistible! These disappear fast – so good!
Loaded BBQ Chicken Nugget Nachos (with vegan/GF option) – Chicken nuggets coated in BBQ sauce with loads of cheese! Perfect and easy party food!
Loaded Nachos with Beef — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and LOADED with taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lots of CHEESE!!
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
Do-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip — Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese and baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection! Always a hit at parties!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Beef Tater Tot-Chos – Crispy tater tots topped with taco-seasoned ground beef and melted cheese is a DELICIOUS and fun twist on nachos!! EASY, ready in no time, and perfect for PARTIES!!