One Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links.
One Pan Lemon Butter Chicken and Potatoes – A DELICIOUS family dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes and full of lemon buttery goodness!! ONE PAN keeps things EASY for you with less dishes!!
How To Make Lemon Butter Chicken and Potatoes in One Pan
This easy and family-friendly recipe is ready in 30 minutes and you only need one pan which is such a timesaver on busy weeknights now that school is back in session or when you’re cooking for an event.
I started by browning the chicken and potatoes on my stove in my WOLL Diamond Lite Pro Saute Pan with Lid. It’s an extremely solid, well-made, nonstick coated cast aluminum pan that can go from stove to oven and is oven-safe up to 500F.
After lightly browning the chicken, I added butter, lemon juice, transferred the pan to my oven and baked the chicken and potatoes for 20 minutes. I used the convection bake setting on my oven but if you don’t have one, a regular oven is fine.
After a brief stint in the oven we dug into this dish and were delighted with how juicy the chicken was and how the potatoes were lightly crisped on the inside while being soft and buttery on the inside.
How Does the One Pan Chicken and Potatoes Taste?
The lemony butter infuses the chicken and potatoes and gives plenty of bright flavor and richness without being overpowering.
The juices at the bottom of the pan are where the flavor is really concentrated and I could have literally rolled every potato and bite of chicken, forkful-by-forkful, into that liquid gold.
This is hearty comfort food that keeps you full, satisfied, and warm in your belly on a cool night without being too heavy.
Feeds A Crowd
My Woll Diamond Lite Pro Pan is 12.5-inches in diameter and holds up to 5 quarts making it a great pan to use when you’re cooking for a group or when you’re batch cooking and want planned leftovers.
Of course, you can always scale this recipe down to fit your needs.
All the Woll pans are PFOA free, available with induction properties or fixed/removable handles, dishwasher safe, made in Germany, and come with limited lifetime warranties.
I got my pan from Frieling USA and they carry a wide array of pots, pans, cooking tools, equipment, and utensils.
Normally I don’t recommend thick chicken breasts for grilling or stovetop sautéing because they can take awhile to cook through.
However, in this case nicely plump and thick chicken breasts are what you’re aiming for because the potatoes take some time to cook through as well in the oven. If you start with chicken breasts that are too thin, they’ll become dried out and overcooked before the potatoes finish cooking.
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but you have options. Breasts or thighs, bone-in or boneless, and skin-on or skinless. Adjust cooking times as necessary for your chicken since all cuts and sizes will require slightly different cooking times.
I used a medley of baby red potatoes, baby Yukon gold, and purple potatoes. Use what you like and have on hand.
The number one tip here is to make sure your potatoes are diced into small pieces so that they cook through fast enough to be timed with the chicken. If in doubt whether you simply need to halve or quarter a baby potato, quarter it. Better to be falling-apart-fork-tender than too hard.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (see Notes)
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces (see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F (use convection if you have it) and to a WOLL Diamond Lite Pro Saute Pan with Lid add the olive oil, chicken, and cook on the stove over medium-high heat to sear chicken on the first side.
- Keep chicken on one side of the pan while you begin to sear it and then add the potatoes to the other side.
- Evenly season the chicken and potatoes with the salt and pepper.
- After about 4 minutes, or after chicken is lightly golden browned on the bottom side, flip the chicken to sear it on the other side, and stir the potatoes.
- After about 4 additional minutes, or after the chicken is lightly golden browned on the second side and the potatoes are beginning to lightly sear around the edges, move the chicken to the center of the pan (without touching) and move the potatoes so they are positioned around the chicken and evenly distributed in the pan, as shown in the photos.
- Place a few diced butter pieces on top of each chicken breast and place the remaining butter pieces over the potatoes.
- Evenly drizzle the lemon juice over the chicken and potatoes.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are both cooked through.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months.
1. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but you have options. Breasts or thighs, bone-in or boneless, and skin-on or skinless. Adjust cooking times as necessary for your chicken since all cuts and sizes will require slightly different cooking times.
2. I used a medley of baby red potatoes, baby Yukon gold, and purple potatoes. Use what you like and have on hand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 64g
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Juicy chicken with a honey lemon glaze that’s tangy-sweet and so good!! Healthy, fast, so easy, and cleanup is a breeze!!
One-Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans – An EASY, one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Juicy chicken, crispy potatoes, and crisp-tender green beans for the WIN! Great for busy weeknights or date-night-in!!
One-Pan Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Juicy chicken and tender potatoes roasted on one pan!! The barbecue sauce keeps everything super moist and flavorful!! Fast, easy, and zero cleanup!
Sheet Pan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chicken – EASY, HEALTHY, and a great way to enjoy roasted sweet potatoes in less time!! A DELISH one-pan juicy chicken dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes with zero cleanup!!
Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes –> FOUR ingredients + ONE pan = PERFECT roasted chicken with ZERO cleanup!! Your new FOOLPROOF and EASY roasted chicken recipe that’s ready in 1 hour!!
Post is brought to you by Frieling USA. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.