I’ve made thousands of smoothies in my life but this one is special.
Because I’ve never made a lava flow smoothie but I’m hooked now.
Fast, easy, healthy, refreshing, and tastes wonderful. It’s so creamy and tropical-tasting and perfect for this weather.
Oh and it looks cool which counts for something, right.
The light portion is pineapple and banana blended with Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk. It’s so irresistibly creamy and thick but with fewer calories than skim milk. Eating more plant-based protein is a great goal and Silk Cashewmilk or Silk Almond Milk are my milks of choice for baking and smoothies. They’re so low in calories and fat, they’re vegan and dairy-free, and I always get impressive-tasting results. It’s the perfect match between tasty and guilt-free.
The red portion is simply blended frozen strawberries. By using frozen fruit, I didn’t need to add ice which can water down smoothies. Plus frozen is cheaper and readily available even when it’s not berry season.
The fruit is naturally sweet so I didn’t need to add sugar which is always a win.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 large ripe frozen banana (peel, break into chunks, place in ziplock or bowl, and freeze)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- about 3/4 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk
- 1 cup semi-frozen strawberries
- sweetener, optional and to taste (zero-calorie sweetener packets, agave, sugar, etc.)
- To the canister of a blender, add the banana, pineapple, 3/4 cup milk and blend on high power until smooth. Slowly add more milk if necessary to get blender moving or until desired smoothie consistency is reached. Pour into one large glass or divide between two glasses; set aside.
- Rinse blender canister and add the strawberries. I use frozen berries that I allow to thaw at room temp for about 30 minutes; alternatively use fresh berries that you freeze for about 30 minutes. Optionally add sweetener to taste, and blend on high power until smooth.
- Top the banana-pineapple portion with the strawberries and serve immediately. The strawberries will seep down over time into the banana portion to create the visual lava effect, but use a straw to encourage it if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
The Best 15 Healthy Smoothies – Fast, easy, and tasty smoothie recipes that’ll keep you full and satisfied and are skinny jeans-friendly!
Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) – No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!
Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Under 100 calories for a creamy, rich & satisfying smoothie that tastes like the real deal!
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Like a strawberry milkshake but healthier! Sweet, creamy and satisfying!
Blueberry Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF) – A healthy, no-sugar-added smoothie that tastes like a blueberry pie! So good!
Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies – No added sugar! Cool, refreshing and they go down so easily! Optionally add alcohol and makes a great party drink.
Watermelon Raspberry Slushies – Cool, refreshing, and you’ll want a refill before you know it! Optionally add alcohol and get the party started!
Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing and healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough!
Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Work in extra Vitamin C with this smooth, creamy, easy and healthy smoothie!
Cherry Revitalizer Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Gives you energy and leaves you feeling refreshed and revitalized!
Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie – Sweet, fruity, a little bit creamy, and very refreshing! A great post-workout smoothie!
Berry Greens Vanilla Smoothie – Healthy, easy, and tastes amazing! You’d never guess it’s packed with greens and so good for you!
Tropical Green Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a Pina Colada. Sweet, creamy, healthy and gives me more energy than coffee!
Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie – Just 3 ingredients and no added sugar in this sweet and creamy smoothie! Love it when healthy tastes so good!
Post brought to you by Silk. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. Sign up for the Silk newsletter here.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.